i dont know which RR to get i was thinking of the rr3 and changing the pickups but i dnt know if i should have a trem or fixed bridge. its either between rr3 (trem) or the rr5 (fixed) help me out please??
All about preference.

Personally, i'm getting myself one with a trem cos occasionally its necessary. Like in crazy train by sabbath.

And most shredding.

RR3 is much cheaper tho.
Up to you
iRockMetal:
crazy train by sabbath?
lol

It really depends on whether you want a trem or not
the RR5 in cream with gold hardware is lovely though
Top lel.
RR5 is hotter. RR5 stays in tune better. RR3 has wang bar. RR4 has laser beams that shoot out of the headstock and the Shark inlays are made of real shark.
If you really want to shred and have a floyd rose, get the RR24. fantastic guitar. or no, get the RR5FR. Same thing as the RR3, except neck through and ofr.
yeh i was thinking of the rr5fr but i cnt find a place in aus that sells it (well its not on there websites) and the rr24 onli has one pickup and i think itd be alot better with 2
Quote by steel337
If you really want to shred and have a floyd rose, get the RR24. fantastic guitar. or no, get the RR5FR. Same thing as the RR3, except neck through and ofr.

+1
RR24 is a great guitar.
Edit: Well, one pickup takes a bit of getting used to but I didn't use my neck pickup in my JS30RR anyway so one pickup was fine for me; its all preference though. try them out and see which you like best is all I can really say.
RULE BRITANNIA
Jackson has a lot of options for the RR, but the price you're willing to pay can really change those options, but if you're willing to pay the price range the RR5 and RR24 are in, you should be good.

If you're getting an RR3, with the licensed trem, ideally you want to be able to try it out first. The trems are really hit or miss, and I've played on some Jacksons with licensed FRs that play like the real thing, and others that are total crap.

RR24's are amazing, from my experience. However I do like the single 81 in the bridge. Which is why I just picked up a Jackson Kevin Bond signature (green bevels, couldn't resist the green) with the bridge pickup replaced with an 81. If you're not sure about the one pickup, you should find one these guitars to play.
The Kevin Bond comes in green as well? I've only seen red bevels. Roope Latvala had one with green bevels.
RULE BRITANNIA
Yeah, I absolutely fell in love in with the green bevels look... and the pentagram inlays, but it seems like they're harder to find (maybe they didn't produce as many?) I'm talking used of course. Also I don't own a guitar with an ebony fretboard, which will be nice.

what about getting an RR3 and changing the pickups to like emgs or dimarzio and changing the trem to a floyd rose original would this make it a great guitar?
Quote by nathan549
what about getting an RR3 and changing the pickups to like emgs or dimarzio and changing the trem to a floyd rose original would this make it a great guitar?

Er, you'd be spending more money and time than to buy an actual RR set up similar to that, especially if you don't know how to change the pickups and the trem yourself.
Quote by decadence5423
Er, you'd be spending more money and time than to buy an actual RR set up similar to that, especially if you don't know how to change the pickups and the trem yourself.

well i live in aus and the rr3 is $1200, and the next rr up is the rr5 which is $2300. i dnt think a floyd rose and emg pickups r ganna cost $1100.
Quote by nathan549
i would buy a RR24 but it only has one pickup which kinda turns me off it

Yeah that's the only thing stopping me from buying one too lol
A Jackson RR with 24 frets a OFR and a set of EMG's in it would sell like no tomorrow lol.
Why Jackson don't decide to try and make a run of them I don't know.
Quote by Slash_metal
Yeah that's the only thing stopping me from buying one too lol
A Jackson RR with 24 frets a OFR and a set of EMG's in it would sell like no tomorrow lol.
Why Jackson don't decide to try and make a run of them I don't know.

i totally agree there
If you just play downright metal, a one pickup configuration makes sense and is much simpler. Whenever i play metal, all I ever use is the bridge pickup, for rhythm and for leads (gotta love pinch harmonics). I rarely find myself using the neck pickup. The only time I would use the neck pickup is when I'm playing cleans, so if you dont plan use cleans, or if you have another guitar for that, then something like the RR24 is well worth it, and did I mention it plays phenomenally?