ok... i've got just a bit of money to spend on a guitar so you can say some kinda expensive guitars but im not loaded so too expensive.

I was thinking of a standard strat. Your thoughts?
pop punk sees alot of les pauls and sg's these days

not really thot of as strat territory
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
well ... ıf you are on about stuff lıke Blınk 182, Green Day, Bad Relıgıon etc. then that guitar ıs perfect. thats wat ım usıng now anyway! also, ıt does great for grunge and all modern musıc! (and older stuff ofc)

fender stratocaster standard = my favourıte guıtar!!!
get an HSS strat if you like the strat design. the bridge humbucker makes it very verrsatile

the amp is important for your tone, more than the guitar itself . whats your amp ?
i agree with woozye. if your just using an amp for home, i would definatly get a G-DEC, im into punk stuff aswell and atm im using an epiphone les paul studio chameleon, great guitar to show off (chameleon paint) aswell as sounding great.
sex
drugs
rock&roll
speed
weed
birth control
lifes a b***h until we die
so f**k this s**t
let's get high

Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
I wanna die on a toilet
Quote by Woozye
get an HSS strat if you like the strat design. the bridge humbucker makes it very verrsatile

the amp is important for your tone, more than the guitar itself . whats your amp ?

That's actually the best thing i can think of as well (apart from an sg). Personally i prefer the sound of a telecaster...

That's just me though.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
you def. want humbuckers for that sound. gibson sg or les paul are obvious choices. i also recommend tokai. they are japanese made guitars and are of really great quality. i got a tokai sg75 for around $800 and i prefer it over a gibson. the playability is incredible and the tone is just as good. i'm looking into getting one of their love rocks (les pauls) next. to get your hands on one you would probably have to go to ebay.
Quote by evening_crow
That's actually the best thing i can think of as well (apart from an sg). Personally i prefer the sound of a telecaster...

That's just me though.

yeh, telecasters are pretty good for pop punk too. my frıend ashley has one and its perty awesome
Quote by LiamBamBam
yeh, telecasters are pretty good for pop punk too. my frıend ashley has one and its perty awesome

Plus people tend to be interested in the guitar because not many people use them.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
^telecasters are cool for punk , but for rock they may not suit very well , and a Strat is much more versatile , IMO
Im a telecater man or les paul. Id say go for a paul though
Tokai love rock les paul
Vintage V99 les paul
Squire Strat
Peavy Raptor
Ibanez sgt130 acoustic j200
Digitech EX-7 expression pedal
Behringer acoustic modeler
Orange crush 3
Vox AD30VT
tokai love rock les pauls are really good. I deffinetly recomend one
Tokai love rock les paul
Vintage V99 les paul
Squire Strat
Peavy Raptor
Ibanez sgt130 acoustic j200
Digitech EX-7 expression pedal
Behringer acoustic modeler
Orange crush 3
Vox AD30VT
"low end" les paul have low quality control, so I've heard all over this forum ..

with the money you would spend on a Les Paul Standard or a Studio, you can get a very good HSS Strat

though, if you have the money it takes for a Custom Shop Les Paul ...
IMO the obvious way to go if u wanna do as well punk-pop as rock is a strat, preferebly with 1 humbucker for the slightly more agressive rock tones.

Though i have to agree with Woozye; its mostly your amp that makes the sound, all the guitar does, is tell the amp when to make wich tone, then the amp grinds over the effects u use, and voila... yet having said this, i wouldnt recommend a to cheap guitar, as the pickups could be crap, telling the amp to make crap. also, cheap ass guitars are most likely to be a bitch to play
Anything with a humbucker. I don't know why so many people are recommending strats.
Quote by mdlizard
tokai love rock les pauls are really good. I deffinetly recomend one
go ghostbusters!
Quote by werty22
Anything with a humbucker. I don't know why so many people are recommending strats.

Probably b/c of him

But really, pretty much any kind of guitar works for punk. Strat, tele, LP, SG, semi-hollow, humbucker, single coil... etc. Though for regular rock probably something w/ humbuckers. So maybe a HSS strat? Or LP or SG. Or even a PRS.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Quote by Woozye
^telecasters are cool for punk , but for rock they may not suit very well , and a Strat is much more versatile , IMO

Tom Morello used/uses a Tele as his 3rd guitar (Arm the Homeless and Soul Power he uses 99% of the time), and he plays metal.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate