hey kids i figured the other day i need a new guitar. i have been using my $200 ibanez gsa60 for quite some time. i need a guitar good for blues, hard rock, and some metal. it needs to be in the $700-$1000 price range and preferrably not in a super strat/strat copy shape.

dont even think about suggesting anything with emgs, dont bash me, but they take the character out of the guitar and are just plain muddy.

anyway, what does evr1 think i suggest?
I'm guessing an Epiphone Les Paul Custom would work out well.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
look into the japanese tokai. they make incredible sgs and les pauls. they also make strats and 335s but i'm not familiar with those as much.
Quote by adambauman31
look into the japanese tokai. they make incredible sgs and les pauls. they also make strats and 335s but i'm not familiar with those as much.

didn't you just recommend a Tokai in the "what guitar for pop-rock, punk-rock, and rock?"

haha
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
didn't you just recommend a Tokai in the "what guitar for pop-rock, punk-rock, and rock?"

haha

haha ... hes a salesman
Honestly, Epiphone Les Paul Custom is the thing for you.

Will definately hit the spot for you.
I would say look into an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, possibly swap the pickups out for Seymour Duncan P-Rails to give you enough versatility for those genres.

Les Paul Ultra-II

Bridge P-Rail

Neck P-Rail

For $880 I don't think you could get much more versatile than that, it'll do blues to metal no problem with the right amp.

What amp do you have?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by polaroidvision at Aug 8, 2008,
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul maybe?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
What amp do you have?

Are you willing to go used?

You can do a lot better than a run-of-the-mill Epiphone in that price range.

Maybe look into customizing your own Carvin SC90?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Aug 9, 2008,