I've just got a Mexican Strat for my birthday, second hand from my dad's friend, but when I tried to use the tremelo, the bridge wouldn't move. I just wondering, there are some screws closest to the bridge pick-up, are these the screws that need loosening for the whammy to be functional or is it just glued down?

- Thanks in advance, Tom
Your tremelo might be blocked, check the springs in the back or check to see if there is something like a block of wood in there (A trick some use to get more sustain by blocking the tremelo). Just unscrew the back cavity of the guitar and take a look inside. There might be too many springs holding the tremelo, or whatnot.

Picture's would help if you have any
Quote by Slash_metal

Picture's would help if you have any

I'll take pictures if you need them, what part of the gutiar do you need to see?
Just the tremelo and the back cavity (Under the plastic cover where you feed the guitar strings through).

Thank you
Just going to find some batteries for my camera, great. I won't be too long.
Last edited by tomahass at Aug 8, 2008,
listen to slash, he knows whats up. it's either blocked or too many trem springs for your liking. Just take off the plastic plate on the back and do whatever you have to do. If you still are not sure, post back with a pic of whats inside there.
Quote by SylvaShredder
Yeah take that piece of wood out

Is that all i need to do?
Yep your trem has been blocked with a piece of wood.

Now then I've never tried to unblock a trem, because I've never had to xD
But lift the tremelo arm a bit and prise the wood out.
Quote by Slash_metal
Yep your trem has been blocked with a piece of wood.

Now then I've never tried to unblock a trem, because I've never had to xD
But lift the tremelo arm a bit and prise the wood out.

Done, thanks for the help everyone. Guessing I'm going to have to re-tune. Yay.