I dont know if this has been posted before but im new and this is my first thread. I'm looking to buy a fender frontman 212r amp. However I know that the fm and frontman are different amps, though some people have been saying fm is just frontman abbreviated. But I've seen two pictures of the frontman:

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=7648 - one here

and another

http://www.dv247.com/invt/46354/product.htm?gdftrk=gdfV2356_a_7c416_a_7c1181_a_7c46354 - here

Somebody PLEEEAAASE clear this up, as its confusing me and im confused on which to get... :/

Thanks a budding young guitarist :P
x
They are two different amps, FM is arguably better although they are both pretty poor. Don't buy either one.
I've heard extremely good things, what are the noticable differences?

And why do you think they aren't good?
i actually played through afrontman the other day and it sounded pretty awesome for a modeling amp. really clear. so idk why ppl dont like them. it might eb that for the same price you can get a decen tube amp? idk

edit: *sigh* typos....
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
played a frontman at my friends house. terrible od, feedback and its about as durable as a carton of eggs
Im pretty n00bish on the whole tube and solid state situation, I know that solid states tend to have more watts than tubes, for whatever reason though, they would be the same volume. Thats right isn't it?
yeah the overdrive is ****. And the front of the amp was like curtains reeeaaally breezy and wavy lol. What about the FM though the guard on the front of that, whats it like?
Are you gigging or not? Because as long as you don't use too much distortion the FM might be the best you can get. If you can push £200 you can get the VC15 which has better cleans and distortion.
Quote by BopperUK
Im pretty n00bish on the whole tube and solid state situation, I know that solid states tend to have more watts than tubes, for whatever reason though, they would be the same volume. Thats right isn't it?

um kinda sorta. if you've never heard a tube amp, they are LOUD. period. in fact, im pretty sure that a 40watt fender hotrod is considerably louder than my 150watt spider III, but im not sure on that. sure as heck sounds better.

you can get a solid state that sounds as good as a tube, but they are freaking expensive, so for that reason, tube amps generally sound clearer, etc.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The reason im looking at this amp is because it seems like a lasting choice, like im able to climb the venue ladder without struggling on volume or having to rely on PA's. The type of stuff I'll be playing is radiohead-ish
Thanks for the help so far guys :P
if u can go into a shop u trust see wat they suggest, other than that the fm should at least do the trick
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I hope so, does anyone know how sturdy the fm is? Whats the grill on the front like? Could it withstand being thrown about (not literally of course)?
Quote by BopperUK
The reason im looking at this amp is because it seems like a lasting choice, like im able to climb the venue ladder without struggling on volume or having to rely on PA's. The type of stuff I'll be playing is radiohead-ish
Thanks for the help so far guys :P

Nothing for £170 is a "lasting choice".

The Fender solid states are cheaply made and sound like crap, steer well clear.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ame amp different look the silvery
version only came out last year I think

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Oh no I dont mean like lasting towards when the venues house 1000 people. I just mean lasting locally, I've been told frontmans/men are the closest sound to valves you can get from a solid state, are u sure they sound cheap?
Quote by BopperUK
Oh no I dont mean like lasting towards when the venues house 1000 people. I just mean lasting locally, I've been told frontmans/men are the closest sound to valves you can get from a solid state, are u sure they sound cheap?

You've been told wrong, they sound like ass...certainly not remotely like a tube amp. They're not even up to pub gigs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by BopperUK
:'( but i got the advice from the reviews on here...

People lie

Honestly, if you want a cheap workhorse SS amp then a Peavey Bandit is probably your best bet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by BopperUK
:'( but i got the advice from the reviews on here...

Those reviews were probably written by people when they were first starting out, don't get it. There are far better amps out there.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
okey now the amp looks sexy (peavey bandit)
Can you tell a big difference between the peaveys 1 12" speaker
compared to the FM's 2 12" speakers???
Any more opinions and advice on the peavey bandit?