Where do you buy these... Looking at swapping my DSL401 for one. But after a quick scan on the net I cant seem where to buy em. Tried google and ebay with the search traynor Yc50. BUt nothing. Any ideas? And how heavy would the traynor go?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Varkunus
Where do you buy these... Looking at swapping my DSL401 for one. But after a quick scan on the net I cant seem where to buy em. Tried google and ebay with the search traynor Yc50. BUt nothing. Any ideas? And how heavy would the traynor go?

Where do you live?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
It's difficult to get one over here.

My advice:
Keep the Marshall. IF you change the tubes and upgrade the speaker, you will have a great amp!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
go on ebay and search traynor, theres a company proaudiostar.com that deals with traynors, their the only ones that i know of pretty much, check them out.
well i have just brought a blade r4 which cost me £800 odd. And ideally I want an orange rockerverb head but that around £1500 with a decent cab, so out of the question. Just wondering if I could buy anything better than what I have for no more money. I mean call me a nub, but I even quite liked the smoothness of the AVT series. Although I know they dont cut above a band well
Have you tried the DSL with an OD pedal. IIRC, putting gain at 0 and turning up the level control really improves it.

Just try and use the stuff you have until you get your dream gear.

Btw, is it the purple R4? I love dark purple guitars.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
i think durrant's music in essex used to sell them (based on guitar mag adverts), maybe they still do... they're pretty expensive here, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i duno if the rocker 30 has the gain i need though :P And yes the deep purple r4 amazing to play and go from LP to strat. Sorry to keep braggin dave MC tell me to sssh

i only meant in that one thread, haha. i'm sure it's great.

and yeah, the rocker 30 i tried was kind of strange... maybe it was broken, but there was a big jump in gain around 6 on the gain dial (from, like, almost clean, to classic rock crunch), then not much more after that. I think the rockerverbs have a bit more gain than the rocker 30, but then they're twice as much.

how much gain do you need? and what kind of budget do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man, the YCV50 Custom blue is a ballin' amp. My only concern is that in England, Traynor doesn't offer its 2 year even-if-you-break-it warranty. :|

You could probably find good British amps there, though. Like Laney, Orange, VOX, etc...
yh well i need megadeth levels. And how much would it cost to import a traynor? And my budget is what i can get for my dsl401
why not a Laney?
perhaps like a gh50l or gh100l?
I don't know about their pricing in england though.

But i know I'm really gassing for one, i almost got a gh100l for $600
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Varkunus
yh well i need megadeth levels. And how much would it cost to import a traynor? And my budget is what i can get for my dsl401

you shouldn't have to import, there are dealers here in the UK. just they're quite expensive (compared to the USA and Canada prices).

Laney would probably be worth a look, something like a laney TT combo perhaps. that should be a similar price to a traynor ycv, and a bit more versatile.

EDIT: just realised that your budget is what you can get for your dsl401. to be honest, i'd probably hang on to the dsl until you can get some more money together. if you aren't careful you could end up downgrading.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok ill wait
it's probably the sensible thing to do, to be honest. have you upgraded the speaker in your dsl? by all accounts, that can cause a major improvement.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, because the stock speaker is trash.

I'm surprised your DSL even still works.
Mine managed to break down twice in 27 days.
It broke right after i bought it, went to the shop for 26, came home, and broke in 10 minutes.

High tech shizz.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
mines second hand and been going for years. And would a new speaker make it bassier and less fizzy. So gary moore tones more archeivable
it should help, i'd have thought. you'd obviously want to consider a speaker aimed and making your amp warmer and less fizzy (though some of that will still be in the amp, but a speaker should help a bit).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it should help, i'd have thought. you'd obviously want to consider a speaker aimed and making your amp warmer and less fizzy (though some of that will still be in the amp, but a speaker should help a bit).

Word to that.
I wouldn't know what to suggest as far as speaker. Vintage 30 has had some good results on the DSL combos, but that's not exactly going to make your amp warmer. Something like a greenback would be nice, but its only a 25 watt speaker, and you have a 40 watt amp.
Perhaps look towards eminence.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
yeah, that's what i was thinking. something along the lines of a g12h30 would warm things up, but it's only 30 watts, so maybe the eminence wizard? i'd email eminence though, they're very helpful.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what about EVMS? Or would I better waiting for a new amp?
evms?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?