Hey guys simple question, i currently own a Spider 212

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/line6-spider-3/71379

And a Washburn X-50Q

http://fi.wikizic.org/Washburn-X50Q/gallery-1.htm

I have £400 at the moment, would you recommend I spend that money on a new amp or a new guitar

Here are the possibilities

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/22542/a/r/e/base
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/24815

What decision would you make?
amp definetly but try to get something better than the randall cause its muddy to my tastes...what do u play? u can get some sweet stuff if u go used man
Hey georgeakis well the amp is at £350 at that site and ive seen it for £450 on others so i think that's a good deal as it is
Dimebag bill, why would you get a peavy 212 valve king over the randall?
Last edited by sharpy1 at Aug 8, 2008,
Get the Randall.

Perfect for heavier forms of metal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Will this amp be in production for a long time because I'd much rather get a new guitar first plus the amp is the cheaper one so I could get it relatively soon after the guitar. Saving up £800 takes motivation whereas £350 is easy stuff
^ It should be in production for a long time.

BUT, if I were you, I'd get a better amp as your guitar will suffice.
Trust me, playing a PGM into a spider III is a WASTE of money as all guitars will sound the same through it, and there will be no overall improvement (in terms of tone).

Getting the amp first will make your current tone MUCH better, and when you get the PGM, it'll be heavenly.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
yeah it looks safe but dont get that amp u will be dissapointed....i tried it about a year ago when i was in the market for an amp...its a muddy mess...nothing like what randall is famed for(DIMEBAG).....trust me get something used and u ll be way happier...5150s, bugeras(5150 copies), marshalls, mesas, engls, HIGH END randalls ( with the modules)...not that
look i ve played it....next to a peavey valveking 212, a randall rg100g3, a marshall tsl601, a engl screamer, an engl sovereign and a mesa f-50

compared to the rg100g3 the rg50tc was pretty much not as good (for what randalls are supposed to do). i m just saying what i heard cause in the end thats what matters. i was looking for a metallica-ish chug sound and yeha the rg-50 was way too muddy...no clarity on the chug just a kind of thump(i guess?).

if u have 400 pounds i d say...look used for the amps i mentioned in my other post. i found a jcm900 for about 250 pounds man and DAMN i dont regret having to travel 100km to go pick it up the next day i guess u want high gain so definetly go used and look for good prices first...then condition of the item and always ask for condition (of the amp and the tubes)
dont go on youtube for tone searching man...

really judging by that video one might think you are right but on video amps treble is always pushed way up and it looses its bottom end and fullness.

if i have my guitar tone all the way down( muddy) u still wont be able to tell on youtube....its not somewhere to look tone trust me

still tho even without the muddiness u still can see its lack of tone....sounds solid state-ish(to me at least)

thats just me...i played it and hated it and the thing is i had around that amount of money and was thinking that amp was the one....i guess not
Quote by georgakis187
dont go on youtube for tone searching man...

really judging by that video one might think you are right but on video amps treble is always pushed way up and it looses its bottom end and fullness.

if i have my guitar tone all the way down( muddy) u still wont be able to tell on youtube....its not somewhere to look tone trust me

still tho even without the muddiness u still can see its lack of tone....sounds solid state-ish(to me at least)

thats just me...i played it and hated it and the thing is i had around that amount of money and was thinking that amp was the one....i guess not

Opinions man, opinions
I know many people who have played it and loved it, but TS, you would need to try it out for yourself
that was my point exactly...u might like it but i dont go try it out for yourself. I m just suggesting other amps that IMO are better in that price range
i'd definitely get an amp, your current guitar is pretty nice. if you can save up more than the randall, something like an engl screamer or laney tt would be worth considering. but if you can't, the randall would be better than nothing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?