Hi there,

This is my first post so I guess I should introduce myself.
My name is Cathal. I'm 26 and from Ireland.
I was a drummer up until recently when I damaged my right knee and I have had had to give up the drums, which is heartbreaking for me!

So I've decided to sell off my kit and take up bass, which is an instrument I've noodled around on and always wanted to learn anyway.

After careful deliberation, I've decided to go for a Fender Jazz American Standard. However a friend of mine says that the bridge on the Jazz is crap and should be replaced immediately.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on this? Is it true?
If so, any recommendations of what bridge to buy?

Thanks in advance.
The bridge on the Standard is a fender high mass vintage bridge which from what I can tell is a great bridge dont worry about changing it. On some other lower end fenders the bridges arent great usually A bad-assII bridge should fix it, but you shouldnt worry. The American Standard is a great bass you will be very happy with it
the bridge has always been the weak spot of fenders from the MIM standard to the MIA custom shops but this year fender greatly improved their MIA standard series with a high mass bridge
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.