OK, im looking at putting a SD '59 in the neck position and possibly a JB in the bridge not too long after that. The guitar is an Ibanez Jet king, JTK1. it has a bolt-on neck, basswood body, coil taps, and thats about it. does this setup sound good? or sound i look at something else?

this guitar will be used for classic rock, and some heavily distorted stuff (but i like low-output plus high gain for some reason). I also will be using it for a bit of sorta folkish stuff (think white summer/black mountainside by zeppelin).

any other recommendations are welcome. don't worry about amp, though. thats coming farther down the line. i know what im doing with that, so yea

thanks!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
those pickups are perfect. JB is def one of duncans best. u may want to experiment with different neck pickups to find the right one, like the jazz, alnico 2 pro, and the 59.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
those pickups are perfect. JB is def one of duncans best. u may want to experiment with different neck pickups to find the right one, like the jazz, alnico 2 pro, and the 59.

thanks for the reply

yea, i as goin to check out those on their site before i settled on the 59, thats the only one i have tried, though, and I've heard its the clearest
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
OK, im looking at putting a SD '59 in the neck position and possibly a JB in the bridge not too long after that. The guitar is an Ibanez Jet king, JTK1. it has a bolt-on neck, basswood body, coil taps, and thats about it. does this setup sound good? or sound i look at something else?

this guitar will be used for classic rock, and some heavily distorted stuff (but i like low-output plus high gain for some reason). I also will be using it for a bit of sorta folkish stuff (think white summer/black mountainside by zeppelin).

any other recommendations are welcome. don't worry about amp, though. thats coming farther down the line. i know what im doing with that, so yea

thanks!

The JB doesn't sound like it's your cup of tea, it's a pretty hot pickup. Look at the Duncan Custom Custom and Pearly Gates, or the Dimarzio Air Zone and Norton.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The JB doesn't sound like it's your cup of tea, it's a pretty hot pickup. Look at the Duncan Custom Custom and Pearly Gates, or the Dimarzio Air Zone and Norton.

o ok, gracias. ill check those out. how bout the jazz versus the '59? which would win in clarity? the jazz appears to online, but thats online sooo
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i'm with seagull... i think the jb is too hot.

regarding jazz versus '59, from what i can remember from when i tried the jazz, the jazz had slightly nicer cleans, but not as nice overdrive as the '59 (which still has decent cleans). if you're only going to use the neck pickup for cleans, and maybe clean-ish blues, go with the jazz, but if you play a variety, go with the '59.

i think, anyway. it's a while since i've tried the jazz to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Aw c'mon guys, the JB ain't that hot!! Geez, try a Distortion sometime...ouch!!!!

But seriously, for what you're doing the JB is a tick much. Your best bet is to go to Duncan's site and use their Tone Wizard. Once you input all the info, they give you some pretty good suggestions to start with. At least it keeps you from looking looking at the one's you really don't need
well, i mean i guess "hot" is subjective. to me, it's extremely hot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, i mean i guess "hot" is subjective. to me, it's extremely hot.

Me too.

Oh, and it's also extremely f*cking horrendous sounding.

But that's subjective also.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i wouldn't go so far as "horrendous", but yeah, i'm not fussed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?