How awesome are these guys? They sound like a heavier, faster Queensrÿche with a ton more great albums in the '80s. I'm currently searching for the original editions of the first 6 albums, having recently downloaded them all randomly (thank you, RapidShare! )

So Dream Theater took major influence from them, huh? I guess I can hear smidges of it.
Haha, is this thread inspired by me ?
And yes, they're one of the most awesome Prog Metal bands ever.
can your recommend an album to start with?

I'd just download their discography but I've found that when I do that, I don't really get into a band as much as i would if I downloaded one, listened, downloaded another, listened etc.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
You could start with their debut Night On Bröcken and work your way forwards from there, since they get better with each album (until Perfect Symmetry; their first boring effort). Or, you could jump straight into their 4th album No Exit – that's so far my favourite one.

If I were to put my favourites in order, they would go like this...

1) No Exit
2) Awaken The Guardian
3) The Spectre Within
4) Night On Bröcken

That's their first 4 albums, and you can't really go wrong. From their 5th, though, they become really boring.