I plugged my iPod into my laptop just now and everything on there is gone. I had about 1500 songs that were downloaded from friends and family that I can't get back, there was 25 gigs of music that's all gone and the only thing that has happened to it since last night was my dad unplugging it from the shut down computer this morning.

Does anyone have any idea how the fuck this happened?
At a guess, your library file on your iPod got corrupt, then when you plugged it in again, it systematically cleared all the data from it as there was no library file. It's happened to me before. I even watched the files disappear right in front of me. I screamed, begged for them to stop, but the iTunes Master is unrelenting and pityless.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I plugged my iPod into my laptop just now and everything on there is gone. I had about 1500 songs that were downloaded from friends and family that I can't get back, there was 25 gigs of music that's all gone and the only thing that has happened to it since last night was my dad unplugging it from the shut down computer this morning.

Try resetting it and plugging it back in.

But anyway, I've had that happen to me, I just happened to have a backup for everything on my iPod.
Quote by saphrax
At a guess, your library file on your iPod got corrupt, then when you plugged it in again, it systematically cleared all the data from it as there was no library file. It's happened to me before. I even watched the files disappear right in front of me. I screamed, begged for them to stop, but the iTunes Master is unrelenting and pityless.

It was all showing up as orange "other" and no audio and the bar drained down to nothing but white emptyness

Edit: Yes there was a lot of metal, I tried unplugging it and replugging it, it's showing a blank memory. Some of it is backed up on my home computer, but I've onl got 355 songs on my new laptop and I'm on vacation now.

I feel so helpless.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Aug 8, 2008,
the music you got from family and friends, did they bring you the music for you to put onto your own computer, or did you get the music as you were visiting them at their houses? if you did the latter, your itunes may be set to automatically update the ipod to the itunes (ie. if your itunes is empty, it'll erase all the **** off your ipod so it matches your itunes). if thats the case, you gotta look around and switch it from automatic update to manual update... now what you'll have to do is manually highlight songs or albums and click and drag them into your ipod. no big deal..... but if you already do all this, then i have no clue man, i have heard of them just "earsing" on their own.

nevermind, after reading everyone else's posts who beat me, theres no way this is what happened
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
Last edited by droog4life at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by Vantage
All of them are counted as "other"?

Have you tried opening it with ephpod?
It was but then it just all drained down to nothing but empty space - there is nothing left.

*cuddles up against saphrax*

Droog: yeah, I've always just bummed it from their computers - this is a new laptop.

It's always been set to manual management so that's not what happened. I guess I better start downloading.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by alteredgod

Ipod imps, they scran the hardrive, whilst your sleeping. Mine lives under the stairs.

So you keep a little girl wearing a tutu under your staircase, huh?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
you'll get over it. worst comes to worst, you eventually get your gig music back from friends/family, and torrent 1000's of songs quickly.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Who doesnt keep a little girl wearing a tutu under their stairs?

But really, sorry to hear about the ipod man.
NOIZE
Quote by RU Experienced?

wtf. you had 1500 songs and it took up 25 gigs on your ipod
One time I plugged my ipod in and it cleared all my itunes music. I plugged it back in and it came back.
Or I might have opened the Itunes Library file on my computer because for some reason my Itunes automatically saves the entire library in one file as backup. I don't know if it does that for everyone though.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by chipmunksurfer
you'll get over it. worst comes to worst, you eventually get your gig music back from friends/family, and torrent 1000's of songs quickly.
I'm going to college in about two weeks and they have their own network so unlike comcast and other ISP's they are obligated by law to turn me in if they think I've been torrenting things. For the same reasons I can't get my music back from my family members because a lot of it came from my brother who's across the country and I don't visit my family in new york too often.

This blows. Damn you to hell iPod imps!!! Why me!?!?

Edit: no dude, I didn't have only 1,500 songs, I had around 5,000 songs. Now I have 355 taking up a lean 3.12 GB
Quote by alteredgod

Ipod imps, they scran the hardrive, whilst your sleeping. Mine lives under the stairs.

Where on earth did you get that picture from?
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by RPGoof
I have like 1800 songs and it's not even 10 gigs?

Once again, the 1500 songs are just what I can never get back. The rest I can probably get back but it's still a pain in the arse. It takes up so much space because a lot of my music is ripped from CD's at the highest bitrate or from high bit-rated torrents.
Quote by saphrax
Why on earth do you want to know???

Bit of a strange coincidence?
*google hunt*
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Harsh bastard ^ (orbit)
The picture is taken by me. its the imp under the stairs, she wasnt budging, so we gave her a room and an ipod.
NOIZE
I've filled my 80gb iPod right up, i'd be pissed to lose it all.
But to be honest your itunes library shud still be intact unless you idiotically synced them.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w