just look for any dvd with a reputable bass players name.... i thiiiink victor wooten has one but dont hold me to that
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Before you buy any, I'd check out some clips on youtube and see if it goes into the things you want.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by sinan90
Before you buy any, I'd check out some clips on youtube and see if it goes into the things you want.

YES. YOUTUBE IS THE ANSWER.

Sure, you don't find whole movies, but you find the fragments of them that can be essential to making your own style. I'm self taught as far as your standard basslines go, but the special techniques such as tapping and harmonics I used Youtube to find a little about.

Also, Vic Wooten does have an instructional video out, but its him...except old school. I forget what its called exactly, but it does exist.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.
What are you trying to learn? This would also help focus some of the suggestions. I know of some great videos, but if you're not into learning say fingerstyle funk or slap, I don't want to be recommending anything down that line.
BASS EXTREMES

The title is in all caps. It's Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey. All they do is make passive aggressive remarks to each other.

The first thing Victor Wooten says on the DVD is "How do you get that whistle when you talk?".

It's a decent video, better for comedic use. I second YouTube.
I'd recommend the Stu Hamm one, I believe its called Slap, Pop, and Tap. If thats not it I'm pretty sure that they are in the title. Tam knows I think.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.