In a live performance of Sigur Ros' Svefn-g-englar, Jonsi sings into his pickups, and it actually sounds kinda cool. I wasn't sure if this was actually possible, or if he just had a little microphone in the guitar to pick up his voice. Here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWR-jJ3v1pk

It starts at 6:17, although the whole entire clip is really good.

So?
yes
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
How would that work without a microphone? The guitar's pickups work because of magnets and I've never heard of a voice being able to disrupt an electromagnetic field.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
yeah I saw it live with Switchfoot the lead singer did it and it was awesome, I was at creation fest
Quote by Slaytanic6606
How would that work without a microphone? The guitar's pickups work because of magnets and I've never heard of a voice being able to disrupt an electromagnetic field.

That's what I was thinking. I think it might only work on certain pickups. I have a Strat, and I don't think it'd pick up the sound, but who knows.
it does work but i think the volume has to be really high or you have to have high output pups for your voice to come through.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Funny thing.

I have a Digitech RP200A (I think thats what it is. It's a little multi effects pedal) and I made an effect for the song Ex-Creations by the Fall of Troy... it has distortion, delay, and reverb. Anyways... I don't know how this happened, but I made some kind of noise, by hitting the pickups or something, but I didn't hit the strings, and they were muted... so I tried making an "AH!" noise into the pickups and it came out through my amp. So I spent the next ten minutes "AH!"-ing and such into my pickups.

So it does work, with the effects.

I'm thinking Jonsi has reverb and distortion on his guitar because it sounds that way when he plays the bow.