Ok here we go

1. Every time i try to play counter strike my computer works good for a while but then it starts to have computer lag. And while this is happening my fan goes really loud, i mean you can hear it really loud.

2. In the front of my pc i have a headphones jack, basically it doesn't work. The speaker plug works in the front and the back of the pc but the headphones don't. Basically i think i might have the wrong drivers installed after i formatted my pc but i cant figure out which driver i need.

And a question.
Whats a good graphics card that wont cost more then $100. I'l look used too i don't mind.
Basically all i will be playing on it is counter strike 1.6
Quote by crzywhiteboy
Ok here we go

1. Every time i try to play counter strike my computer works good for a while but then it starts to have computer lag. And while this is happening my fan goes really loud, i mean you can hear it really loud.

2. In the front of my pc i have a headphones jack, basically it doesn't work. The speaker plug works in the front and the back of the pc but the headphones don't. Basically i think i might have the wrong drivers installed after i formatted my pc but i cant figure out which driver i need.

And a question.
Whats a good graphics card that wont cost more then $100. I'l look used too i don't mind.
Basically all i will be playing on it is counter strike 1.6

Solutions.
1. Don't play it.
2. insert your penis into it and thrust.
3. Accelerator 4xD
NOIZE
1) Your computer is overheating
2) Maybe drivers? Find your sound card manufacturer and post here
3) If you're still playing 1.6 and need a better graphics card, your computer is 500 years old. Go to newegg.com and look for AGP cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048+1069609639&name=AGP+4X%2f8X
Or find out if your motherboard has PCI-Express slots so you can get a better card.
1. Get the dust bunnies out of your computer

2. The wire is probably not plugged in. It's most likely a rectangular block with some holes. It will have one space where there is no hole, to keep you from plugging it in the wrong way. Your motherboard will have some pins, and they will match up with the holes. Plug it in.

3. What slot type? PCI, AGP, or PCI-e? If yours sucks too bad for CS 1.6, your computer is old. It's probably PCI, maybe AGP.
wtf how can that be too little for CS, i played it high on 1024x768 at 60fps with an 5200, im guessing your card may be faulty.

can you tell me about your ram and cpu ? and if you have pcie or agp slots for gpu.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
8600gt is pretty solid for that price, but for cs, id reccomend an 7600gso max really really max, 6600 should rape cs.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by Lagrance
wtf how can that be too little for CS, i played it high on 1024x768 at 60fps with an 5200, im guessing your card may be faulty.

can you tell me about your ram and cpu ? and if you have pcie or agp slots for gpu.

2046 mb or ram
intel core 2 duo processor

its not that it cant run cs, but i want it to run even better.
1) Your computer is overheating, I had the same thing...clean the case out, it might be dusty. Also, try replacing the fan on the processor and make sure there's one blowing air out the back of the case. Finally, you could consider replacing the thermal paste on the processor, I can't find my old guide so you'll need to do some digging.

2) The front audio is not connected on the motherboard, check the manual for the computer.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer