Page 1 of 2
in my earlier threads i have wrote about wanting to buy a squire guitar, but now i've changed my mind. i am gonna buy a guitar on musicians friend that i can pay in by the month (yes i know about the fees, but its the best i can do for now, and it sure beats renting!). Im looking for something that is easy to play, has a gainy sound, has at least a humbucker in bridge position, has tremolo ability (non floating, but a floyd rose if possible), has good looks, 22 frets, and preferably a bolt on neck and maple fretboard (the last two things listed arent necessary, but i would prefer them, oh, yeah and if it has a bound fretboard i would prefer it to be rosewood). finally, it has too be around the 400-700 range. for more details on the sound, i want it to have a warmish sound (im not very picky), and for looks i would prefer it not to be too radical looking (if it has most of what im asking then i'll allow it) It must be something that would be on musicians friend.com. oh yeah if at all possible it needs to be lightweight. send info and if you can a picture. thank you!
Laguna guitars are pretty awesome. You might want to check those out.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by 5150rando
in my earlier threads i have wrote about wanting to buy a squire guitar, but now i've changed my mind. i am gonna buy a guitar on musicians friend that i can pay in by the month (yes i know about the fees, but its the best i can do for now, and it sure beats renting!). Im looking for something that is easy to play, has a gainy sound, has at least a humbucker in bridge position, has tremolo ability (non floating, but a floyd rose if possible), has good looks, 22 frets, and preferably a bolt on neck and maple fretboard (the last two things listed arent necessary, but i would prefer them, oh, yeah and if it has a bound fretboard i would prefer it to be rosewood). finally, it has too be around the 400-700 range. for more details on the sound, i want it to have a warmish sound (im not very picky), and for looks i would prefer it not to be too radical looking (if it has most of what im asking then i'll allow it) It must be something that would be on musicians friend.com. oh yeah if at all possible it needs to be lightweight. send info and if you can a picture. thank you!

jackson! jackson all the way!!!!
Quote by scwcd2
schecter c-1 plus

Fixed
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LiamBamBam
+1

BTW is SQUIER, not SQUIRE.
Quote by LiamBamBam
randy rhoads would be slightly proud of you. R.I.P. randy rhoads. and yes i will check those out.
Quote by 5150rando
randy rhoads would be slightly proud of you. R.I.P. randy rhoads. and yes i will check those out.

randy rhoads ıs a legend, ı have hıs Jackson Randy Rhoads RR3
What amp ya got?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by LiamBamBam

he never actually used one.

he died before the actual RR series came out.

i think he used a prototype. its actually technically not a signature cos of it.
jackson or laguna are the best for all the features yer lookin for, but for a warmer sound check out the new epiphone prophecy line theres some pretty cool guitars in there i was really surprised
Quote by 5150rando

Eh?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by LiamBamBam
I ENVY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by 5150rando
I know! i like things to be specific

floyd rose = floating... usually, at least.
Quote by Pinky19
What amp ya got?
actually i was going to make a thread later on what amp i should get with the guitar i chose. but right now im still playing on the same cheap piece of $#!? that i have been using since i began. A first act variable gain control thing (which is actually a very good begginer amp because it has a gain and middle control unlike most amps for begginers, but its noisier than heck!) that i am gonna replace later with a different one.
Quote by 5150rando
actually i was going to make a thread later on what amp i should get with the guitar i chose. but right now im still playing on the same cheap piece of $#!? that i have been using since i began. A first act variable gain control thing (which is actually a very good begginer amp because it has a gain and middle control unlike most amps for begginers, but its noisier than heck!) that i am gonna replace later with a different one.

..... You do realize that no matter what guitar you have, it is still gonna sound bad because of that amp, right? Everyone will suggest you to buy a new amp instead. Including me.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Last edited by Pinky19 at Aug 8, 2008,
A new amp will bring a whole new world to your sound! If you want a "gainy" sound, an amp will fix that, not a guitar.

As for guitar, check this bad boy out...

Jackson DK2M.
Quote by travislausch
Laguna guitars are pretty awesome. You might want to check those out.

+1, they are ****ing amazing
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by scwcd2
schecter c-1

That...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

For the price of that, he could get a Jackson with EMG 81/85 with 24 frets.

Quote by Pinky19
For the price of that, he could get a Jackson with EMG 81/85 with 24 frets.

um, the DXMG has EMG HZ's... and its floyd is recessed. I think the TS said he didn't want a recessed floyd.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Once you've tried a Jackson, every other Guitar seems redundant.
The necks far more playable than an ESP.

The only thing that will make you put down a Jackson is a High-end Caparison or a Vigier.

Like I've recommended to many people before, with your budget, GET a KE3, ask anyone on the forums who owns one, they'll sing it's praises.
Begginer?
Is it anything like Beginner?
I don't even shred
Quote by Pinky19
..... You do realize that no matter what guitar you have, it is still gonna sound bad because of that amp, right? Everyone will suggest you to buy a new amp instead. Including me.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197
yeah but a new guitar, better guitar will help me play better (ive been playing on begginer guitars for the whole time ive been playing, which is one and a half years, and i have totally grown out of it), and if youve read some of my earlier threads, i have said that playability trumps sound in my book. and plus, i could buy a new amp later. i dont think i'll have a functional band, or have the skills, to be able to play any gigs other than talent shows for at least another year. please, ppl, its my choice, and if you think im wasting money, please keep it to yourselve. i wouldnt yell at you for buying anything!
Quote by 5150rando
yeah but a new guitar, better guitar will help me play better (ive been playing on begginer guitars for the whole time ive been playing, which is one and a half years, and i have totally grown out of it), and if youve read some of my earlier threads, i have said that playability trumps sound in my book. and plus, i could buy a new amp later. i dont think i'll have a functional band, or have the skills, to be able to play any gigs other than talent shows for at least another year. please, ppl, its my choice, and if you think im wasting money, please keep it to yourselve. i wouldnt yell at you for buying anything!

Read my post.

And yes, Jacksons are playability AND sound in one package.
oh yes, and please note that i play hard rock, classic rock, and a tiny bit of metal (please no suggestions of like metalica guitars, or slipknot, cuz thats not my style)thanks
Quote by Orbit91
Read my post.

And yes, Jacksons are playability AND sound in one package.
sweet
Charvel So-Cal Style 1 Candy Tangerine

22 Frets Maple Neck and fretboard

Dimarzio Evoloution Bridge

Tone zone neck

Non recessed floyd

But...$300 out of your price range.

Edit: and it isnt on musicians friend.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Do yourself a huge favor and buy an amp first. Guitars are exciting, yeah, but if you're serious about the sound, you want an amp.
Quote by Sharck
Do yourself a huge favor and buy an amp first. Guitars are exciting, yeah, but if you're serious about the sound, you want an amp.
im more concerned about the guitar. i said before im not very concerned on sound yet, and im not gonna probably gig in any clubs or venues for another year or two. I just need to get a working guitar that can be used for gigging, that sounds better than a beginner guitar, and that more importantly feels better than a beginner. I would buy an amp, but i barely can make the 20 bucks per month on the guitar! If i cant afford that, then i doubt i will be able to afford the guitar. and ive said before, its my decision. now you get the smiley of shame!
Page 1 of 2