ok... i have about $700 that i can spend for a decent stratocaster

i've been thinking about getting a used American Standard Fender on ebay, but I noticed that some people prefer G&L over Fender

with $700, which is a better deal?? i don't even know what G&L model is equivalent of Fender American Standard...
G&L was actually founded by Leo Fender, the G&L Legacy is basically a Strat, just better imo.

I would say go for the G&L, although it may be hard to find one for 700
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
i have an american stratocaster and i cant really see much beating it dont worry about G&L stick with the best Fender
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
i found some used/b-stock G&L that's around 700 (i can spend a bit more if necessary)
but i don't know which model is G&L equivalent to fender american standard

there's like "legacy", "tribute", "comanche" and stuff
i would love to have a G&L. they are absolutely sick. just try a fender just in case, they might not be your cup of tea
Quote by funkymonkz
G&L was actually founded by Leo Fender, the G&L Legacy is basically a Strat, just better imo.

I would say go for the G&L, although it may be hard to find one for 700

in shape, definitely not in feel and sound. try both out before buying. PERSONALLY, i think the G&L's are pretty crappy guitars that dont deserve the L in their name. they feel like crap, their pickups can be harsh, and they dont look nearly as good upclose as their fender counter parts.

HOWEVER, there are many ppl who think im wrong and would want to kill me for saying that. so, on that note, buy what you can try and like. dont go out on a limb on this because if you buy one and find you dont like it, in this case, you are screwed because they are very different feeling guitars
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by ironman1478
i would love to have a G&L. they are absolutely sick. just try a fender just in case, they might not be your cup of tea

lol basically what he says, except i dont want a G&L. i'm a fender man
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
the legacy is pretty much a strat with a better bridge and pickups. They are also more solidly built than Fenders. The tribute is a series like the Mexican fenders except these are built in Indonesia i believe, although the have American pickups. Comanche is like the culmination of all of Leo's designs, but i think they're more expensive. I'd say go for the Legacy.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
so legacy is like G&L's "American Standard"?? only better than fenders?
there seems to be a lot of "legacy"s.... which is like the most standard one (not "tribute" of course... i want something made in US)
Quote by dagurime
so legacy is like G&L's "American Standard"?? only better than fenders?
there seems to be a lot of "legacy"s.... which is like the most standard one (not "tribute" of course... i want something made in US)

better is relative. if you like fenders, like me, you will think the american fender is better, if you like g&ls you will think theirs are better.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Basically its just how it feels and sound while comparing those similar guitars.