I don't really have a budget, $750 or 800 was what I was planning to save for a JCM 800. So somewhere around there, maybe just a little more. I will be gigging, but only small gigs. I'l be playing a modded Les Paul and a modded super strat. I want to be able to get those 80's metallica and gn'r tones, have usable cleans, be able to play blues, and with a phase 90 do Van Halen.

I was thinking either a Peavey Classic 30, which I could get by Christmas, and a TS808, or a JCM 800 2204 combo off of ebay, maybe a cheap head if I can find one. I would be willing to buy a pedal, like a TS808 or similar, if it would give me the boost I need for metallica, lets say. I wouldn't be able to get the JCM until next may, which would be a problem. So can the Classic 30 emulate the JCM well enough? I know the JCM can get the tone's I want. But its the issue's of money and time. Are there any other amps that would work? I know the Traynor YCV50 Blue is mentioned a lot. I'd love a Ceriatone but thats a little too much for me. What should I do? Thanks.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

JCM800 by far...

It can do those tones exceptionally well, and is the main sound of the amp!

Definately the better option if you can afford it!

I personally like the cleans on mine, but some don't like 800 cleans.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
I know the 800 is the best choice but I'll be gigging this fall and well I can't get the 800 till like the beggining of next summer. How would a used Mesa Express 5:25 do? I can't imagine that would cost me to much. So is the 30 anything like the 800 or do I simply just need to save for it? I could always get an 800 down the road quite a bit when I might need the volume even haha
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.