Hi, i am looking for a new acoustic guitar.

I want a decent one but i have to keep one eye on cost. I was looking to spend around £200-£250.

I want an all rounder. something comfortable to play. I like to play fingerpicking medieval folky stuff and also a bit of nice warm chordy stuff. Would a classical guitar be out of the question?

Which shape shall i go for? which woods? solid top right? Which brands?

Also should i maybe go electro acoustic. i mean i want something that sounds like an acoustic but in the future i can see me wanting to plug it in maybe if i do a show or want to play around with some delay etc.

are there different scaled acoustic like there are in electric guitars for eample 25.5 and 24.75?

please advise. thanks
Last edited by Sepulturick at Aug 8, 2008,
ovation!!!!!!!! go play one. i love mine. its so easy to go to from electric, the neck feels more like an electric than an acoustic. very comfortable to play. still sounds great too
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
I reccommend Freshman... Mine is a low cost one (£100)... but is a great guitar! My friend, who owns guitars costing in the region of £500+ has played mine, & says it's very good. I find it really easy to switch between playing my electric & acoustic. The Freshman has a narrow neck & is comfortable to play. So for £200-£250... you could have a VERY nice one?!

Freshman acoustic
IbanezGAX70
DIGITECH RP100
Last edited by Rachael1975UK at Aug 8, 2008,
check these out

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ovation-Celebrity-Deluxe-GC38-CCBQ-Super-Shallow-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-104810726-i1401461.gc - if you don't like the design and are looking for something more traditional check this out

http://www.zzounds.com/item--OVACC28
"Kids in the backseat cause accidents, accidents in the back cause kids."

"Secrets are like herpes, if you have 'em you might as well spread 'em."
If fingerpicking is your style, try looking at some OM or 000 bodied guitars. They're a bit more balanced than bigger guits usually.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It