I've been looking for a new guitar that has 24 frets, a floyd rose, and humbuckers.

So I was looking around and I found this kramer for like $270....

* Body Type: Dbl. Cut
* Body Wood: Solid North American Alder
* Top Wood: Flame Maple
* Scale Length: 25.5"
* Neck Joint: Bolt
* Neck Wood: Hard Maple
* Fretboard: Maple
* Neck Shape: K-Speed Elliptical Slim Taper ™
* Frets: 24
* Nut Width: 1.625"
* Fretboard Radius: 16"
* Bridge: Kramer Licensed Floyd Rose
* Pickup Bridge: Quad Rail
* Pickup Middle: Dual Rail
* Pickup Neck: Quad Rail
* Controls: 5-way switch, 1 Volume, 1 Tone
* Hardware color: Black

Sounds pretty damn good to me, free shipping and a burst finish.

Kramer floyd roses are pretty good correct?

I do believe that kramers are mass produced out of the U.S.A. but does this matter?

Help me

EDIT: I have $400 so I could mod this one afterwards.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Last edited by King_Arthur at Aug 8, 2008,
kramers are great. they have been around for a while, and used to be real popular. evh had one he used alot on tour.
Quote by BattleCry
Is this the guitar you're talking about?

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=328

Your a mind reader lol.

And this wouldn't be my main guitar btw just for when i want to dive bomb, have humbuckers, or keep at my dads house once my parents split up.

So you guys think that guitar is worth buying? or
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
My only issues with these are the trems feel kind of cheap along the tuners. New electronics would help. They are solid guitars for the price, but you could get a used, MIJ, 80's Kramer Focus series for that price, and they are better built and playing instruments with great hardware (OFRs)
Quote by CJRocker
My only issues with these are the trems feel kind of cheap along the tuners. New electronics would help. They are solid guitars for the price, but you could get a used, MIJ, 80's Kramer Focus series for that price, and they are better built and playing instruments with great hardware (OFRs)

I thought the focus series was cheaper? Thought i saw one around $100 for buy it now on ebay

http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=669103

yea..
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by King_Arthur
I thought the focus series was cheaper? Thought i saw one around $100 for buy it now on ebay

The originals were a high quality line only a step below the old USAs...

http://www.vintagekramer.com/focus.htm

Not 24 frets, but the actual guitar is a lot better. If you want 24, your best bet is a used ESP LTD, but if you want a used Kramer for cheap, the old Focus are hard to beat.
Quote by King_Arthur
or i could save up and buy a used baretta?

Depends. Around $500 you have a lot of options. You may get lucky and come across a used USA BC Rich Gunslinger/Assassin, USA Kramer, or a really nice import Charvel like a 550XL or Model 5A. Some ESPs can be had down there as well if you wait.
Quote by CJRocker

agreed. also, the newer ones aren't made in the USA; mine was made in korea, but they could be made in china by now (no idea).

i'd probably look at something else, to be honest- with $400, you could probably do better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think I might try to save up and get a custom built guitar, probably locally or something.

Get like...an original floyd rose, with a mahogony body, 24 frets, quilted maple top, a crazy birdseye maple neck with rosewood fretboard, my name on the truss rod cover, etc etc.

any1 ever done that?
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
yeah, sure. i got a legra. it's quite a step-up from those musicyo kramers, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?