I'll cut a long story short and basically say that in 2 weeks me and 2 others need to get from London Stanstead Airport to Camden. It'll be quite late at night so I'm not too happy about using trains/the tube in places I don't know, and I was thinking of getting a taxi. Would this be overly expensive? Bear in mind it'll be split between 3 people.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
About a tenner for the taxi I should think. However, get the taxi into the outskirts and then the night bus

I have a feeling the N17 goes to Camden. Anyone wanna back that up?
Quote by _Tim_
About a tenner for the taxi I should think. However, get the taxi into the outskirts and then the night bus

I have a feeling the N17 goes to Camden. Anyone wanna back that up?

That little for a 35 mile Journey? I hope for my sake you're right.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
the Tubes are very easy to use, and its always full of some normal people :p taxi would be safer though
Quote by Sirnogbert
That little for a 35 mile Journey? I hope for my sake you're right.

Between 3

and I'm sure my dad said it's £30 from here and we're probably about 40 miles
Quote by _Tim_
Between 3

and I'm sure my dad said it's £30 from here and we're probably about 40 miles

Yeah I got that :P. It's just i've heard London taxis cost both arms and both legs, so that's a relief to hear.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Quote by Sirnogbert
Yeah I got that :P. It's just i've heard London taxis cost both arms and both legs, so that's a relief to hear.

I'll say £43 from calculations I just did. I'll get you the number of a taxi firm tomorrow and PM you

Quote by imthehitcher
i forget, where the f*ck is Standstaed?

i can only think where Gatwick and Heathrow are

Essex, Brav
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=Stansted,+United+Kingdom&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=51.815407,-0.115356&sspn=1.426283,3.537598&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12
^allow Essex

and yea that taxi is going to be well expensive, although i spose not so bad between three, id say easily £50

and when you say late, do you mean after midnight?
Quote by imthehitcher
^allow Essex

and yea that taxi is going to be well expensive, although i spose not so bad between three, id say easily £50

and when you say late, do you mean after midnight?

Allow that (amIdoinitrite?)
To UB5 (Northolt) it's £50, £1.25 a mile. At that rate to Camden it's £44.25

EDIT: Don't the tubes close at midnight? If so you'd be screwed anyways.

http://www.airportrider.co.uk/prices.htm
£63
Last edited by _Tim_ at Aug 8, 2008,
By late I mean 22:10, but since any plane I've ever been on has been delayed it could easily be later than that.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Even I found my way around the tube last Friday. It's easy. Was empty too.
Quote by _Tim_
Allow that (amIdoinitrite?)
To UB5 (Northolt) it's £50, £1.25 a mile. At that rate to Camden it's £44.25

EDIT: Don't the tubes close at midnight? If so you'd be screwed anyways.

nah you get tubes after midnight

as for cabs they also go up after midnight

i guess it depends, do we meana mini cab, or a black cab?
Most definitely not a black cab, even over here in belfast they cost a fortune.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Sorry, dude. £63. Get a train to Liverpool Street (£17) then then...Central line (I think) to Tottenham Court Road. Then Northern line to Camden Town. it'll cost you £21 altogether, the same as a taxi.
WHAT THE **** ARE TUBES !!!!!!

just kidding.. sounds like the subway...

and I is not talkin abowt sub sandwichiz!
FIJI
Well if it costs the same I'd still get the taxi. Probably quicker and less waiting around. 21 quid each still isn't that much. Cheers for all help.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Quote by Sirnogbert
Well if it costs the same I'd still get the taxi. Probably quicker and less waiting around. 21 quid each still isn't that much. Cheers fir all help.

Yeah."Airport Riders" have a good rep. If you want anymore help feel free to PM me, I'm here until mid-September