im getting a marshall valvestate avt100 2000 soon for £120 and i wanted to know what people thought of the amp, if its good or bad wast of money e.c.t
decent price, ok sounding for what you pay for it.

there are better options but the AVT is not too bad. I'd suggest the AVT50, its voiced differently from the 100 and 150, and imo, sounds a lot better.
I have the AVT100, and it's decent. I payed $200 for it. It's not very good for metal, but it can handle Hard Rock pretty good. It's neither a versatile amp! There are better amps out there second handed though, so I personally think you should keep looking and check out everything in the price range.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
that's not a bad price; i managed to sell mine for £180; if the worst came to the worst you could probably sell it on and not lose money, though i wouldn't bank on that, especially with the credit crunch!

that being said, i'd probably prefer a roland cube, if you could scrape together another £10, you should be able to get a cube 30. It does depend what you need it for, though. what music do you mainly play, and will you be gigging?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
at the moment im playing rock sutch as nickleback, guns n roses, that sort of area, i needed a 100 whatt cos im starting to gig alot with my band and i needed somthing that would sound great and pack a punch
how much money can you scrape together (and are willing to spend on an amp)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you scrape together another £50 or so, you could get a 50 watt Vox Valvetronix, which would work for gigs, especially if you can hook it up to the PA system (if you have one). That is a good price on the AVT though.
yeah, that's my thinking. if he can gather more money, he can do better, but if he can't and needs it for gigs, there really aren't too many other giggable options within that price range.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah. I've used the schools AVT100 a few times for school gigs, and it is loud enough, but it can get pretty sterile. Really, threadstarter, like we've said, your best bet is to save up more and get an amplifier which isn't sterile, and is actually worth investing in. As much as £120 for an AVT is a good deal, it still isn't really a worthwhile investment, because I guarentee you'll want to upgrade within a year after.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Valvestates don't sound all that great, my 30 watt starts clipping pretty early on and sounds pretty fizzy. I do like the cleans though, very usable. Of course, if you can find a decently low priced mid to high gain tube amp (go used) get that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
at the moment all i have is £120 and tbh i need it as soon as posible
Try eBay? Used Vox AD50VT maybe? If not, I guess this is your last resort. What genres do you play?
yeah, i mean if you need it quickly etc., you could probably do worse than the avt for £120. but as adam says, if you can hold out for a little while, a better deal may come along (for e.g. that vox).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?