could someone give me a link to the different positions of the modes of the major scale?
i cant find any lessons on them.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
u shouldn't memorize them by positions. memorize them by the notes, so u have access to the whole fretboard.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by RHCP987123
could someone give me a link to the different positions of the modes of the major scale?
i cant find any lessons on them.

Don't think of them as modes.
You really aren't ready to be worrying about modes at all. Learn the major scale all over the fretboard, in every key, as well as the theory behind it. This is vastly more useful.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The others are right. They're not modes. It's unfortunate that the 6 Major scale patterns after the Root Major scale pattern were given the modal names.

Check out http://www.reallylearnguitar.com/freetutorials.htm

They cover Major scales, arpeggios, chord formulas, modes, pentatonics, triads, 7th chords, tablature, circle of 5ths, and survival chords.
Jam On!
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Prepare to hear all of MT's members individual philosophies on how you should think of the major scale.
Mine: Feel free to learn the positions of the major scale, but just know that they aren't modal just because. What makes them actually modes is how you use them, or rather what you use them over. A D Dorian scale "shape" over a C Major chord progression is still C Major, and vice versa.

Also, if you don't have Guitar Pro, it is an immensely helpful tool with a huge library of chord and scale reference. If you're fine with illegal downloading(or paying the $60 it costs) I highly recommend you get it.