So I basically tried to make a thrash metal song which doesn't sound like a Slayer or a Testmanet rip-off. In some parts it sounds more like exotic prog (?) than thrash. Crit for crit, etc.
Attachments:
Progthrash.zip
I'm curious as to why you put the bass as a six string guitar, but, oh well.

Overall nothing wrong with the song, reminded me of Scooby Doo for some reason, but the riffs are good. Bar 29 was really groovey and mysterious sounding. The solo (?) was pretty cool, and I liked how it led into bar 42.

I did not like the sudden stop, you should have done a drum fill or bass fill or something.

8/10.

Mine's "Dawn of the Patriarch" in my sig.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I'm curious as to why you put the bass as a six string guitar, but, oh well.

Overall nothing wrong with the song, reminded me of Scooby Doo for some reason, but the riffs are good. Bar 29 was really groovey and mysterious sounding. The solo (?) was pretty cool, and I liked how it led into bar 42.

I did not like the sudden stop, you should have done a drum fill or bass fill or something.

8/10.

Mine's "Dawn of the Patriarch" in my sig.

I put the bass as a 6-string, one octave down tuned guitar so that I could just copy the guitar parts into bass and remove the chords to have the bass parts ready. It's a lot easier than writing the bass part from scratch to match the guitars. Anyways, thanks for the crit, I'm gonna check out your song now.
Meh, I prefer have a four or five string bass so I can write some fills, but thrash isn't really about the bass, so meh.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
pingis idk how you do it
you dont follow any sort of key it looks and you over repeat things, but somehow you make these amazing works of art
i loved how you started it epesially, idk why, it was just an awesome start
and then the way you carried it out went perfectly, from there it was all great riffs and solid drum work, then we got to the solo, which was so just, blah, but was also so amazing, like you found some perfect middle point, it went great with the song, and ten back to the riffing which got borinig but stayed interesting

definatley a great song, so
10/10
love the genre too haha

c4c?http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=926670
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
pingis idk how you do it
you dont follow any sort of key it looks and you over repeat things, but somehow you make these amazing works of art
i loved how you started it epesially, idk why, it was just an awesome start
and then the way you carried it out went perfectly, from there it was all great riffs and solid drum work, then we got to the solo, which was so just, blah, but was also so amazing, like you found some perfect middle point, it went great with the song, and ten back to the riffing which got borinig but stayed interesting

definatley a great song, so
10/10
love the genre too haha

c4c?http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=926670

This time the song did actually have a key though, the key was C. I even used a scale Allright, I'll crit your song.
Overall, quite awesome. Not much of a listener of thrash, but that was pretty cool. The solo was fantastic, and the little ditty after it was amazing, with the funky bassline. You ended the song perfectly, but, the riffs started to feel a little overused by then, so your lucky you didnt drag it out.

Other than that, it was great.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"