http://www.mediafire.com/?jxtavs4t1na

Is this just a bad vocal preformace or is it just mixed poorly
Like it sound good when i solo it and the pitch is great but the timing seems a little off
like it got moved ahead a few miliseconds

should i just consider rerecording the vocals?
what would you guys do.
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
I'll give you a few comments here while I'm at it....

First... this has SO much potential, but is left somewhat unrealized by a lack of a really strong chorus. I keep listening to the track waiting for it to explode into a bright, shining, joyful noise.... and ultimately feel let down because it never happens. I like the vibe and the arrangement. The production is there, and the vocal is decent. Just.... no.... *bang!!*

For a good example of something similar to what you're doing who really knows how to nail a chorus, check out this band here: Love You To Death

As far as the vocal goes.... as I say, it sounds decent, but there is some funkiness in the timing as you had asked about. Here is my take: It is often faster and less hassle to retrack a part than it is to spend hours mucking about editing. Depending on the software you're using, you should be able to do another take or two, and then comp them together, with your worst case scenario being having to keep a phrase or two or three from the existing one. Not so bad, really, and won't take a long time.

That said... it sounds like the song is too low for you. Your pitch is mostly fine, but really shows off weaknesses on those low notes. Can you transpose the song up? Even a tone or so would make a big difference.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
hmm..
I recorded it in D which i usally dont like to sing in. but it seemed right and in E it seemed weird.
D#? maybe.
i may try to transpose it.
I just dont know how much the quality will suffer.
Ill try it
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater

Fender Super Champ XD
it sounds fine in terms of timing with the music. the music is catchy and i like it.
the vocals have no energy at all whatsoever though, most singers that record at my pad i always have to make them redo the tracks until they get that energy going and across in the music.
it doesn't really pick up either like the other dude said.
if you can manage to project more and stuff you would sound like heartstop basically
Quote by guitargod5

i may try to transpose it.
I just dont know how much the quality will suffer.
Ill try it

No, not pitch-shifting it. Re-tracking the instruments to key of E... or F?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Myspace.com/tstooksbury

i fixed it

and i thought it sounded cool with a light auto tune
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater

Fender Super Champ XD