Sorry to post this again but, I didnt get any answers last time so yeah.

Hi, I am looking for a combo amp for my brother that has a good tone for most kinds of poprock- rock music. His favorite bands are Simple Plan, Paramore, All Time Low, Boys Like Girls.

But on the other hand, he also likes stuff that is a little heavier such as Senses Fail, Silverstein, Just Surrender, Mayday Parade, the newer stuff, etc.

So can you guys help me find a combo amp that would be good for my brother.

This is for his birthday present and I am willing to spend about $400- $550. Possibly $600. He gigs at local venues around here and he is always complaining that his 60w is not loud enough. So I checked out some of the 100w's and above and I came up with these choices.

Peavey Valveking 212 Combo Amp (Tube I think?)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp-104003389-i1145635.gc

Crate VTX Series VTX 412B
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-VTX-Series-VTX212B-120W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481048-i1175920.gc

Crate FlexWave Series FW120
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-FlexWave-Series-FW120-120W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481052-i1175923.gc

And Also,

B-52 LG-10012S 100W
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-LG-10012S-100W-Stereo-2x12-Solid-State-Guitar-Combo-481306-i1145580.gc

So which amp would be the best for his kind of music. I have talked to one of my friends, and he told me to get a used Mesa. But I don't really want to get a used amp as a present, so which combo amp would be the best? (Remember, I'm going for that popish sound)

Thank You
if your going tube, you dont need near 100 watts.
the only reason for 100+ watts is headroom, which poppunk ish stuff doesnt really need.
mos punk is realitily low-mid gain, but new stuff is higher gain.
idk say a crate V-33 and a OD, maybe.
33 watts tube, (plently loud) and its 450.
then a bad monket OD, which is 50 i think, but not sure.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
But i'm pretty sure he needs something over 60. He plays at a local place around here, and when he hooks it up to the PA system, it always gets drowned out by everything else, so I want to get him something thats about 100 watts.
I think you could save some money by getting him a Fender Blues Junior + an OD pedal. Tube amps are alot louder than solid state amps - 30w should be as much as he needs.

If not, look into a Peavey Classic 50, possibly used.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by nick54321
But i'm pretty sure he needs something over 60. He plays at a local place around here, and when he hooks it up to the PA system, it always gets drowned out by everything else, so I want to get him something thats about 100 watts.

If he gets drowned out, it's the sound tech fault...
Quote by nick54321

It's possibly a solid state? What amp does he use?
is his current amp solid state or tube?

if it is SS then a 60w tube is the best way to go.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
My 30 watt tube beats my 80 watt solid state in both quality and quantity of sound. Remember 30, 50 and even 100 watts are not a very big difference in vol. To double his 60 watts of sound he would need 600 watts. All else being equal. Sometimes you can almost double the vol just by using a more efficient speaker using the same amp. And if he uses a PA then even a 10-20 watts could work. Maybe its his tone thats buried. I found that a tube amp can bury a solid state sound even when it seems they are the same vol level. Its very weird but It happened to me.
He has a tube, I forgot what brand though. It's really crappy and the speakers are almost blown out, so he never goes past 6 or 7. Thats why he gets drowned out. So someone said a peavey 112 is good, is the 212 any better?
I'm not a big fan of the Valveking to be honest. I'd go for the B-52 out of those choices.

A good 50W (or even 30W) tube amp should be all he needs for volume.
Fender Tele
Breedlove SM20
Cort M800

Peavey Classic 30
Roland Microcube

Digitech RP250
Digitech Bad Monkey
Classic 30... and maybe an overdrive

Thats how we do

The reason you are being drowned out is probably a solid state amp and bad EQ... tubes dont seem to take like that
Me and your bro wouldn't get along...I hate all those bands.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.