alright, basically, i have this ****ty epiphone acoustic guitar that i bought to mess around with. never really played it until now though. anyways, the strings are way too high of the fretboard. how can i fix this? they seriously need to come down atleast half a centimeter at the higher frets. its ridiculous haha.

help me out?
lower the bridg
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
lower the bridg

+1 get a guitar tech to do it for you if you have no clue what your doing...
theres no way to lower it. its just a peice of wood with 6 nut things holding the strings in. i dont wanna pay any one to do it for me when i could do it just as good.
Yeah, there is. And I quote this:

Quote by randomhero93
+1 get a guitar tech to do it for you if you have no clue what your doing...

If you really want to do it yourself, then the guys in the Gear Building & Customization forum will be able to help.
Umm... I'm not real sure what people mean by " lower the bridge".

But, generally the fix for high action, is to sand down the saddle. The saddle is the little piece of plastic (most likely), that sits in the bridge, which the strings pass over. You can remove the saddle, and sand down the bottome evenly.

If you don't know what you're doing though, it would be better to take it to someone who does.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Umm... I'm not real sure what people mean by " lower the bridge".

But, generally the fix for high action, is to sand down the saddle. The saddle is the little piece of plastic (most likely), that sits in the bridge, which the strings pass over. You can remove the saddle, and sand down the bottome evenly.

If you don't know what you're doing though, it would be better to take it to someone who does.

wat he said
i do know what im doing. ive been playing guitar for about 5 years. im just new with acoustics. but yah i sanded down the saddle. its still pretty high but its alot better now.