i was expecting crap but this was awesome, way way better then the original.
I agree With Vismbr, That was a Beastly cover, I loved when you guys started screaming, That Was Tight.
Mad. Great cover. The song is so catchy :P Why does everyone hate it? It's hardly offensive. People are dumb.

Some notes might have been slightly off, but it is a very hard song to sing, especially with those high notes.

The screaming bits were mad too :P

c4c if you want? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924826
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Last edited by mooshoepork at Aug 8, 2008,
That was amazing I rated it 5 stars and added it in my favorites.

Now i'm gonna go listen to it again
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
that screaming was pure win. 5 stars from me.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
fu*ck that was pure fu*ck dude. Awesome
the screaming grabbed my soul.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Thanks for all the great feedback you guys. Our guitarist Dave has been a drummer his whole life before joining the band as a guitarist. So he decided to record the drums for our EP (that will be released this week online). For live shows right now, we have a temp drummer that is in one of our buddy bands in the area. I Kissed A Girl and all the other songs that we have recorded for the EP were all recorded and mixed by me. My name is Kris by the way, I also play guitar for the band. I'm going to re-upload I Kissed A Girl in a couple of days on Myspace, because I hear a lot of things I could of done better in the mixing and mastering process. It will also be for free download. I'll let you guys know when I have it up for free download. Thanks again for all the great feedback.
Hey, the song was great. I loved it. I saw her live a few weeks ago, and it actually sounded a little like this except she was singing of course, the guitars were pretty distorted, haha. But anyway, I absolutely love your tone. Can you tell me how you got that tone for the verses and chorus? Just what amp and pickups and maybe a few key settings? It would be great. Again, this is really ****ing good, and all the quality on your songs is great.
you guys are pretty good!
your singer rocks, although he sings incredibly high...
For guitars we used two amps. All of Dave's guitars were recorded with a Bogner Uberschall, and for all of my guitars I used an Orange Rockerverb 100. Both were used with an Marshall 1960A Cab. I took off the back of the Marshall Cab and used two mics to mic it up. In the front of the cab, I close miced it with a SM-57 and in the back I close miced it with a SM-58 and then flipped the phase to avoid phasing issues. Many say that 57 and 58 are pretty much the exact same mic but I disagree. My 58 picks up clearer highs, but the 57 gets better lows and mids. So I blend them. After the micing, they go into my ART Dual Levelar Tube Compressor, then into a DBX 231 graphic equalizer, cut all frequencies below 100hz. Then it goes right into my DBX 386 tube preamp, and from there I used the s/pdif outs to go right into my sound card on my computer. For guitars, Dave used his Ibanez 2EX1 which is all stock with the pickups it came with. For my guitar parts, I used my custom made Japanese Ibanez RG which has a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and the Ibanez V7 pickup in the neck. All the equalization knobs were pretty much set to 12 o'clock on the amps except the gain, which we put to 10, and on the Bogner we had to put the lows way down. The lows from the Bogner are the beefiest that I've heard from any amp I have ever played.
Quote by FatCatAlabama
For guitars we used two amps. All of Dave's guitars were recorded with a Bogner Uberschall, and for all of my guitars I used an Orange Rockerverb 100. Both were used with an Marshall 1960A Cab. I took off the back of the Marshall Cab and used two mics to mic it up. In the front of the cab, I close miced it with a SM-57 and in the back I close miced it with a SM-58 and then flipped the phase to avoid phasing issues. Many say that 57 and 58 are pretty much the exact same mic but I disagree. My 58 picks up clearer highs, but the 57 gets better lows and mids. So I blend them. After the micing, they go into my ART Dual Levelar Tube Compressor, then into a DBX 231 graphic equalizer, cut all frequencies below 100hz. Then it goes right into my DBX 386 tube preamp, and from there I used the s/pdif outs to go right into my sound card on my computer. For guitars, Dave used his Ibanez 2EX1 which is all stock with the pickups it came with. For my guitar parts, I used my custom made Japanese Ibanez RG which has a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and the Ibanez V7 pickup in the neck. All the equalization knobs were pretty much set to 12 o'clock on the amps except the gain, which we put to 10, and on the Bogner we had to put the lows way down. The lows from the Bogner are the beefiest that I've heard from any amp I have ever played.

wow
considering your gear, i gotta say that you need to work on your mixing, because i didnt think this sounded like 10000 dollars of gear...
i know bands that sound better with less.
Quote by dEipHoBoS
wow
considering your gear, i gotta say that you need to work on your mixing, because i didnt think this sounded like 10000 dollars of gear...
i know bands that sound better with less.

The guitar and bass are the only things that sound good in the mix right now in my opinion. The drums were recorded half-assed. We had a cheap no name brand drum set, and the toms were cut in half. The skins must of been 3 or 4 years old. We borrowed cymbals from a friend of ours. He let us borrow a ton of them. The only thing is that most of cymbals were so cracked, so old, that some of the cymbals would give an awful tone. If you listen closely to the mix, you can hear certain cymbals giving that awful tone. Especially the thin crash to the left of the mix. We also were short on good mics and had to use cheap Radioshack mics on the toms and kick. The vocals were also recorded poorly. All that we had was an cheap MXL 990, but some how I managed to get a descent tone out of it. This is where one rule of thumb comes in. ****ty tone going through amazing compressors and pre-amps will always sound ****ty no matter how you EQ it. That's the problem I had there. Good compressors and pre-amps will make good tone sound good or even great. If you record a cheap solid-state Crate and run it though a nice compressor and preamp, the tone will sound just as bad as you hear it out of the Crate.
That was killer, I was gonna do a cover of this with my band but now I can't!!! (because, it won't be anywhere near as good)
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*