My 7 year old daughter has been playing guitar for almost a year now and I promised her that I would buy her an electric by her next birthday or Christmas. Right now she has an acustic with nylon strings.

I was looking to get her a Squier but there are a few different kinds on the market now like the "Bullet" and the "Affinity". Can someone suggest a good one at a good price for someone her age. It doesn't matter if its a maple or rosewood neck, 3 single coil pick ups or HSS.

Thanks
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by necroscience13
2 words: HELLO KITTY!

I almost agree with that.
Honestly the best for the price are the Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series. They're more expensive but they are significantly better quality and have better (duncan designed) pickups. I think she'll need an amp too. I'm going to suggest a vox valvetronix AD15VT.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
when i saw the title, I was gonna yell at you to not get a squier, but seeing how its for your 7 year old daughter... umm... go with the bullet... its pretty decent actually, my lil cousin has one, I've played it and its ok, for a starter guitar
The squier affinity series is good for the money imo, and i think it comes with an amp too.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I was going to give her one of my amps that I'm not using like my Fender Frontman 15R
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Honestly, instead of a Squier, I'd recommend a Yamaha Pacifica 112. They've consistently won awards for being the best guitar under $200, and if you'll look around here on UG alot of other users recommend them as well.

I've also had a chance to play one - it felt just a touch more comfortable than the Squier Bullet I was comparing it to. As for tone I couldn't hear the difference, as I had the unfortunate luck to be playing both of them through a Line 6 Spider II.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
A Squier Affinity Telecaster would be a superb choice. Theyre great guitars for the money and have a much nicer feel than squiers strats. Only issue is, teles dont exactly have the thinnest necks in the world and your 7 year old may have a hard time getting her hands around, but the necks on the strats arent really that much sleeker.

The yamaha pacificas are great for the money, with much thinner comfier necks than the squiers in a similar price range.
Hello kitty ftw.

ahah
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120