I've recently aquired a Lyon LB-40 bass for free, was considering sell it right a way to make some quick cash, but now I think Ill keep it to do some mods. I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to paint it and possibly put in some new pickups. I'm thinking taking the botton J pickup out all togather and putting in a Seymour Duncan quarter-pounder P pup. With that space I was thinking about routing it out a little more for a built in effect. Thoughts, Comments, Suggestions?

this is all the info could find on it, if anybody know anything about Lyon basses, it would be much appreciated.
http://www.oscarschmidt.com/product/lyon/lb40.htm
If you're replacing the bridge J PU and doing some routing, why not install a Humbuckeer instead? Get some monster bottom ends with the Mahogany body!

What kind of paint job were you thinking? Graffiti? One color?

Quote by Ippon
If you're replacing the bridge J PU and doing some routing, why not install a Humbuckeer instead? Get some monster bottom ends with the Mahogany body!

What kind of paint job were you thinking? Graffiti? One color?

+1 I have an LP (not a bass, but just go with me OK?) and it's really deep sounding.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
actually a humbucker dosent sound like a bad idea, and I just did a little mod tonight.

I put in a killswitch, but I didnt run it through the pickups. I just made it like you would make a killswitch pedal but I drilled a few holes and now I have 3 imput jacks and a nice new killswitch. I know it may not be the best way to put in a killswitch but I wanted to be diffrent and it works great.

pics

before

next to it is my killswitch pedal, I basicly just put it into the bass

After

I fasioned a plate that all the jacks are in.
haha that's pretty cool and unique with the 3 jacks. I like it!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Quote by Invader Jim
What's with the ads?

didnt notice that, I guess Imageshack threw in a little something extra.

As for the paint job, I think I'm going to do a red black and white swirl
Last edited by Ryker24 at Aug 9, 2008,
intresing, very unconvential way of do it. from your profile I can assume you're a Alabama fan, roll tide, and for the paint you should do a red and white swirl with the A on the headstock