(And how nice people saved me!)

Ok, so I went to Lincoln today, hour drive each way, for a college interview, and that was all well and good, despite getting chatty with the interviewers and having to dash back to my car to avoid a ticket.

Anyways...we were driving back and we'd almost reached Branston, when some guy behind starts trying to overtake and flashing us. Clearly, this man is insane and should be avoided so I pull over and let him pass, but he pulls alongside and tells me that one of my tires is low, so I give him a thumbs up and go to check it, thinking it'll be fine.

Nope, it's completely flat...so no problem, get the spare out of the boot. Only problem is...there's a big gap where the spare tire should be
After 10 minutes and a lot of phone calls we established that we're screwed, as my parents are on holiday, so can't save us, and the mechanic who'd done my MOT had taken my spare tire and told no one.

So I walk...after 2 miles I found a garage, and he made me the brilliant offer of a slightly smaller tire for a £10 deposit, I only had 20, so I gave him that, and he let me borrow his tire...so I carried it back to the car, stuck it on and off we went to the garage, asked him to fix my spare, but he couldn't, so he directed me back to Lincoln and I got a garage there to look. Apparently my tire is so ****ed at this point that it'd be dangerous to drive on, even if it was fixed. I end up driving back the whole hour to my house, not before getting lost where a friendly man on a bicycle helped me find my way again.

In conclusion, damn my mechanic, bless the other nice people who helped me today! This has very little point, I know, but feel free to share similar stories, or tell me I'm wrong about something

tl;dr? Don't care; shut up

Btw, I did think of suing, but I doubt I ever really would, plus he's a friend of the family, and my Dad said that he'll cover the cost of the new wheel, because he felt a tad responsible
Guilt trips FTW!!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Last edited by whatamidoinhere at Aug 8, 2008,
That sucks.
I dont have stories that i can think of quite like that though.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
sue him. seriously though, thats stealing right? and make him pay for everything + more
Quote by TChosenPessimis
What course you going for at lincoln college dude, i'm going there next year.

I'm actually going to Access to Music college, it's like 5 minutes down the road, but I've got a fair few friends at the college so I'll probably be down there

What course you goin for?

Quote by whatamidoinhere
I'm actually going to Access to Music college, it's like 5 minutes down the road, but I've got a fair few friends at the college so I'll probably be down there

What course you goin for?

Music Performance & Technology @ LC.
Quote by TChosenPessimis
Music Performance & Technology @ LC.

Awesome! Probably see you about come september then

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Awesome! Probably see you about come september then

Maybe so. :P

...wonder if there will be any other pit dwellers amongst the other people on the course lol.
Quote by TChosenPessimis
Maybe so. :P

...wonder if there will be any other pit dwellers amongst the other people on the course lol.

As far as I'm aware there are only two other UGers from the Lincoln area, 4 in total
But there's a lot of stuff I don't know about UG...