e--------------------10---7-----------------
b---------------9-------------8-------------
g---------8------------------------9--------
d----7----------------------------------10--
a----------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------

is that a good excercise for sweep picking...like if i play that would it help me or is that completely wrong because i just made it up
Kinda awkward sweep to me. Usually you're not going up with your fingers from left to right like that, but nothing wrong with going against the grain, I guess.
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
try this
e12------------12
B---13----13-----
G------12---------
D------------------
A------------------
E------------------

a major sweep
in the key of A minor
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
That looks a lot like the exercise Joe Satriani recommends in a lot of his videos I've seen. He doesn't really sweep though but I'm talking about the fingering, if you look at the first 4 notes and the second 4 notes and treat those as two chords, switching back and forth between those cleanly is a great way to improve your fret hand finger strength and dexterity, once you get good at it start switching the fingering up a bit. I used to use a pattern like that to practice my right hand picking.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
its a great exercise and is featured on john petruccis rock discipline dvd (an awesome all rounder...check my DP im a fan...lol), i can assure you, if you practice sweeping on 3 then 5/6 strings the only way youll be able to sweep is like malmsteen and becker...that sound is limited and cliche, i advise you to carry on with this then experiment with other 4 note arpeggios, but most importantly how to be different with them (for example an Fmaj7 arpeggio over a dmin to bing out a minor 9 tonality)

sweeping is useful to break out of 3 nps cliches, it opens up intervalic playing, as 4th and 5ths are right under the basic shapes

check frank gambale
i started with 3 string sweeps and 5-6 string sweeps were very easy to come after once i got 3 string sweeps down.

try practicing this:
e:-------10h14p10-------|-
B:----12----------12----|-
G:-11----------------11-|-
D:----------------------|-
A:----------------------|-
E:----------------------|-

just bring up the 10 to 11 to practice your major sweep