Well not entirely... My main instrument has always and probably always will be guitar... But ye I wanna learn drums

Obviously this isn't a drum forum... But if you guys could recommend a decent starter kit.. some good books (I don't want lessons...), and how much you reckon it'll cost for all the gear and stuff, and other USEFUL info, i'd be grateful.

I'm sure there's some drummers on this forum

Cheers guys.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
drummer =/= musician talk

just kidding

i wanted to learn drums but i never got a kit, id like to know also
Quote by DimebagJosho
Well not entirely... My main instrument has always and probably always will be guitar... But ye I wanna learn drums

Obviously this isn't a drum forum... But if you guys could recommend a decent starter kit.. some good books (I don't want lessons...), and how much you reckon it'll cost for all the gear and stuff, and other USEFUL info, i'd be grateful.

I'm sure there's some drummers on this forum

Cheers guys.

ive played drums for 4 years (everyone says im either the best drummer, or the second best drummer in my school) and believe me.
drums are NOT like any other instrument.
its gonna be really hard to learn everything you need to know about drums without a teacher.
either that or buy like 90 books.
i recommend a teacher.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by King Baby Duck
Don't bother with books it's eay enough to get the hang of you just need to practice.

in my opinion you are VERY wrong.
but thats just my opinion
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
go to ultimate-drum for this kind of question.. oh wait, drums aren't awesome enough to have their own website. What does that tell you?

lol jk
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
go to ultimate-drum for this kind of question.. oh wait, drums aren't awesome enough to have their own website. What does that tell you?

lol jk

lol i LOVE drums but i still thought that was kinda funny.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
in my opinion you are VERY wrong.
but thats just my opinion

Fair enough, but I know a lot of drummers who are very good and completely self taught
so as long as you've got determination there's no point wasting your money.