Page 1 of 2
I was never a fan of Jack's Mannequin, I found them to be too poppy and a bit too simple for me. Then I saw them live when they opened for Paramore and they blew my mind. They all sounded spot-on and the singer/piano player put on an extremely entertaining show. Now I like that band quite a bit. Has anyone else had a similar experience with a band?
Evile... I'll admit when I heard them on myspace they didn't really appeal to me.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Alice in Chains, then I saw them at Download 06, put on one hell of a show; I love them now, so good they almost justify the other atrocious grunge bands around.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I absolutely despised Blink 182 for a little while until my friend dragged me to a concert.

Now I own 3 of their albums.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I absolutely despised Blink 182 for a little while until my friend dragged me to a concert.

You sad person!
Quote by freddaahh
Alice in Chains, then I saw them at Download 06, put on one hell of a show; I love them now, so good they almost justify the other atrocious grunge bands around.

Haha yeah Alice in Chains were the original atrocious grunge band
Coldplay, still not a HUGE fan but saw them last week and they put on a hell of a show
Muse at Wembley Stadium (on youtube, of course). I thought they were overrated, even though I never listened to them at all. Glad I was proved wrong.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

i thought their live shows had the opposite effect?
I wouldnt go to a concert for a band i didnt like
Slash
Support our troops
i'm not emo, but i when i saw mcr live at bamboozle with my gf, (her favorite band) I kinda started liking them too. and my gf aint emo
I think I was a closet Motion City Soundtrack fan. But now that I saw them live I will openly admit that they're pretty damn good.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by fm212r
I wouldnt go to a concert for a band i didnt like

A band you like might open for a band you didn't like
On topic: I used to hate Underoath, but they put on a hell of a show. I still don't like them that much
Y&T.

Saw them play a pub show last year.
There were about 80 people in attendance and they played like there were 8000.
Now I've got all of their albums and I'm going to see them in September
Quote by Gargantuan
I'm gonna break the ice and say Job For a Cowboy

I would be too scared out of my mind to go to a Job for a Cowboy concert
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Says the Def Leppard fan.

Yeah but Def Leppard are good. Rick Allen is amazing! I would....
Quote by TheHereAway
i thought their live shows had the opposite effect?

It was the atmosphere really. Plus I actually listened to their songs for once. The live antics just killed me though
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
dragonforce.

wait...

i still hate them.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
i wasnt a fan of lamb of god til i saw them at ozzfest. i thought they put on a great show.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Nailed, put on a savage live show.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
muse for me, and i just liked static-x but when i saw them live i hated them with a passion
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Incubus. I didn't hate them to begin with, just wasn't too big of a fan. They did rather well live.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Reel Big Fish.

I didn't hate them, in fact I liked a few of their songs, but I wasn't too fussed by them.

Now I'd jump at a chance to go and see them again, they put on a really entertaining show, plus the support acts were pretty damn good too (Sonic Boom 6 and Street Light Manifesto).
Manu Chao. Watching the performance at Glastonbury now on the TV.

Good stuff I tells ya.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I didn't hate, I just wasn't into them since I'm a huge metalhead, but when I saw john butler trio I was like holy ****, metal isn't the only good music out there. Same thing goes for Gogol Bordello.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You sad person!

Probably Hellyeah. I had seen some videos of them playing live and Chad Grey sounded, well, just bad. After I came out of that concert (Halloween night here in Indy), I had a totally different opinion about them.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Bullet For My Valentine. I didn't hate them, but I was well impressed with them live.

And I was blown away by The Living End when I saw them - though even now they don't do much for me if I listen to their CD's, but they are incredible as a live band.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
I was kind of a closet Paramore fan, then I saw them live. Unfortunately, i was seated next to my female friend who knew the lyrics to EVERY SONG and had no shame in screaming along, nowhere near the right pitch. So I could barely hear the singing. But hey, at least I could still see the singer!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
There are some VERY sad people on this site

*flameshield*

How so?
TS: I am a big fan of Jack's Mannequin too. That band is only a side project tbh. If you like them, have a look at Something Corporate, the singers real band. They are the Roles Royce of piano rock.

As for a band I liked live, The Getaway Plan.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
TS: I am a big fan of Jack's Mannequin too. That band is only a side project tbh. If you like them, have a look at Something Corporate, the singers real band. They are the Roles Royce of piano rock.

As for a band I liked live, The Getaway Plan.

Oh thanks, I'll definitely be myspacing them in a minute
I didn't really hate them but Ministry's live show was unexpectedly awesome
Queens of the stone age, i didnt like them that much, then at pinkpop 2008, they ****ing rocked.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Page 1 of 2