Well, this probably has been discussed many times before, over and over, but I figure, by posting a thread I'll get best results with the best products.

So, what would you folks recommend for an amp on a budget of around $300 max. So far the one I've been looking at is the Line 6 Spider III series (which my fellow guitar playing friend has and it works very well), but reading up on it here, it seems to get really bad feeback. Why is that, and what else would you recommend?

Also, what is the difference between an blemished and a standard model of an amp, as one I was looking at sold the blemished at $40 less, why is this?

Thanks.
as far as a blemished amp, it's probly just got scratches or dents on the exterior from being dropped during delivery or from it being used
shouldn't affect the sound
I play mostly blues to hard rock, everything from B.B. King and Clapton to Richie Blackmore and Aerosmith.
Vox ad30vt or fender superchamp xd if modeling's fine with you.

Epiphone Valve junior would do those well, throw in a bad monkey overdrive and that'll be around 300 bucks and get those sounds. Or a blackheart little giant with overdrive pedal. That is if you're looking for more of a bedroom/basement/home amp.

Used peavey classic 30 if you need some more volume. Those are my picks.
To be safe I'm gonna say no.

It would be close, depending on how hard the drummer bangs around, but I wouldn't count on it. Good for a practice amp and jamming with other guitarists with similar lower wattage amps and a drummer who keeps himself in line, but it's just not that loud
I don't know, I only played it in gc and didn't really crank it. If I had to guess I'd say it'd probably be like the superchamp, borderline.

Bumperooneytooney for you
Quote by pak1351

Epiphone Valve junior would do those well, throw in a bad monkey overdrive and that'll be around 300 bucks and get those sounds. Or a blackheart little giant with overdrive pedal. That is if you're looking for more of a bedroom/basement/home amp.

Used peavey classic 30 if you need some more volume. Those are my picks.

genius

+1 per suggestion

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I'd go with the Super Champ XD
Sure seems to beat anything in that price range.

And I'm sure it can play over a drummer since the Blackheart 5w can.
But at the same price, 10W+ more power, and versatility (added effects and modeling)

The champ just seems like a steal compared to any other amp in it's range
And yeah it can pump out some good distortion