I bought a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor a while ago but to be honest it didnt seem to solve my problems. I've been having a problem with a buzz coming from my Line6 Uber Metal distortion pedal and I thought buying the NS-2 would solve the issue. I tried tweaking all the settings but it didnt do much. All it seemed to do was lower the volume so I couldnt hear my guitar as well. If I turned up the volume on my amp, the buzz would still be there. Am I just using the wrong settings on the NS-2 or is that not my problem? And if im using the NS-2 wrong, any info or help anybody can give me to get the best results?
If the pedal's not eliminating enough annoying noise, try putting it in your mouth.

Super cereal, is it before or after the dist. pedal?
The NS-2 has a loop, put your distortion pedal in that loop.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
guitar into the"input" on ns-2.
"output" on ns-2 directly into the front of your amp.
"send" on ns-2 to the input on your uber thingy.
output on your uber to the "return" on the ns-2.

make sure its on reduction and not mute.

if this dosent fix the noise after tweaking the threshold knob (and the "suppression"light is lit)...then isolate the noise/hum.

could be a bad cable,..bad uber deal,..short at the input jack of your guitar etc.

make sure the battery is good,..if ya use a one-spot battery eliminator ya cant daisy chain it with the ns-2/uber.

good luck
Quote by Checker
Doesn't the Uber Metal have a built in noise gate?

Yeah but it doesnt eliminate 100% of the buzz.
A reply to a couple of suggestions:
I didnt know how to loop or what that even meant, so im going to try that and see what happens.

Thanks to all who replied, I think now I have a better idea of what to do.