Page 1 of 2
So i was wondering who on UG is/has been on the drug Acutane. For those who have share your opinion on it. Was it really worth it? Did it work for you? i was on it for 8 months, the results were great but those 8 months were a living hell.
I've never used it, mainly for the fact that it can make you sterile.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Yeah dude. Its a great pill. I took it for like 7-8 months which were annoying too with all the dry skin and blood tests. But it was definently worth it.

Ive been off it for almost a year now and my lips are still constantly dry and Im always putting chapstick on them. I guess thats one side effect that stayed with me.

Nothing else the doctor gave me worked except for Acutane and Acutane was a lot easier than the others the doctor tried first.
Quote by valennic
I've never used it, mainly for the fact that it can make you sterile.

where'd you hear it made your sterile? and its not really a choice to go on it,i believe your dermatologist or doctor has to put you on it...
The proof is in the name - genius!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I heard that if you gently massage semen from a young ox onto the problem area the acne will go away. Really, it has something to do with the chemical composition of the semen - it worked for my brother, I swear.
I haven't used it. I got weak prescription drugs because my skin's not too bad.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by RU Experienced?
I heard that if you gently massage semen from a young ox onto the problem area the acne will go away. Really, it has something to do with the chemical composition of the semen - it worked for my brother, I swear.

How did he get hold of such a substance?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by young slapper
where'd you hear it made your sterile? and its not really a choice to go on it,i believe your dermatologist or doctor has to put you on it...

Well yeah, but before they prescribed it to my dad, they told him there was a possibility that it could make him sterile.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by break-me-in

Beating off an ox is the new acne treatment it seems.

Get to it TS
Tea tree oil > everything
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by aaronob
Yeah dude. Its a great pill. I took it for like 7-8 months which were annoying too with all the dry skin and blood tests. But it was definently worth it.

Ive been off it for almost a year now and my lips are still constantly dry and Im always putting chapstick on them. I guess thats one side effect that stayed with me.

Nothing else the doctor gave me worked except for Acutane and Acutane was a lot easier than the others the doctor tried first.

May i suggest using Vasaline Lip therapy instead of chapstick. my dermatologist suggested it over chapstick and it works great.
Quote by break-me-in

Well, it's actually very simple. You start off with something to contain the substance - I recommend Tupperware and then you just sort of...wait, why do you want to know
I have some stuff-zineryt. Very good, doesn't have so many side effects because you apply it straight to 'The affected area'
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Tea tree oil > everything

+1,000,000 I use tea tree oil stuff like once a week and drink lots of water and I NEVER get acne. (And it's not something to do with my skin being non oily, because if I don't use the tea tree oil stuff for like a month I start getting bits pop up everywhere)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I had pretty bad acne... I just started drinking a lot of water... VERY little pop... some orange juice every now and then, etc, but just drink a good amount of water everyday, and maybe get some facial soap (Cetaphil?) and wash in the morning, midday, and before you go to bed. Now I'm pretty much completely clean.

Seriously, stay hydrated, and with water. Not Gatorade/Powerade/etc, or if you do drink those, drink water too.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Everyone needs to understand that Acutane isn't for normal acne treatment. Its almost like a last resort for people with more hardcore acne. For me i didn't have pimples, i would get cysts that would sometimes swell my face. At one point i couldn't go to school because i had one above my left eye and it swelled so bad i could barely see out of my left eye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_acne
Quote by imthehitcher
dirt doesn't cause acne

Yea, but the oil and grease and **** that builds up on your skin does, so washing it will help.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by young slapper
May i suggest using Vasaline Lip therapy instead of chapstick. my dermatologist suggested it over chapstick and it works great.

Will it cure me or will I have to keep wearing it? Because Chpastick works fine for me its just that I have to reapply every few hours because my lips get dry.
Quote by aaronob
Will it cure me or will I have to keep wearing it? Because Chpastick works fine for me its just that I have to reapply every few hours because my lips get dry.

i don't think it will cure you, but it got me through the 8 months, and i haven't put it on since really. Also my dermatologist said that the Vasaline is better compared to the chapstick reasoning i can't recall. But ya might as well give it a shot, what do you have to lose? haha
Quote by young slapper
i don't think it will cure you, but it got me through the 8 months, and i haven't put it on since really. Also my dermatologist said that the Vasaline is better compared to the chapstick reasoning i can't recall. But ya might as well give it a shot, what do you have to lose? haha

Alright. Good point. I guess Ill give it a try.
I was on it in my last year of high school, and the side effects involved a really sore back, chapped lips, and really dry skin on my hands. I still have to use moisturiser for my hands (in winter,) and vaseline for my lips, which isn't much trouble, but the back problem went shortly after I finished my course. It was hell because I had to do my GCSEs and was just constantly in pain.

It was worth it though, my skin cleared up really nicely, and it made me slightly confident!

EDIT:
Quote by aaronob

Same with me, but I've been off it since I was 16. I'm now 19. It's just one of those things, and use Vaseline, I always have my wee tin in my pocket, despite the mass amount of lube jokes.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Last edited by Metalcredge at Aug 8, 2008,
Never tried it. I use PanOxyl or anything with the active ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Metalcredge
I was on it in my last year of high school, and the side effects involved a really sore back, chapped lips, and really dry skin on my hands. I still have to use moisturiser for my hands (in winter,) and vaseline for my lips, which isn't much trouble, but the back problem went shortly after I finished my course. It was hell because I had to do my GCSEs and was just constantly in pain.

It was worth it though, my skin cleared up really nicely, and it made me slightly confident!

Glad to hear it man! i had the same soreness on my lower back. I couldn't do anything too active and at the time i was working as a janitor so it really screwed me over
Quote by charvel_man
Try oxytetracycline. It's doing a good job for me.

Works for me too, untill i forget to take it once, then it returns...
Quote by young slapper
Glad to hear it man! i had the same soreness on my lower back. I couldn't do anything too active and at the time i was working as a janitor so it really screwed me over

Yeah I had pain in my lower back as well, and I noticed after track practice each day Id be super sore.
im gonna go on it real soon but like my parents keep telling me that they have heard all these stories about people on it like just one day offing themselves i blame it on the fact that mostly teenagers use it and well teenagers (yes i am one) seem to always be offing themselves and it is unrelated but has anyone else heard this?
I'd do me........

Quote by The Two
im gonna go on it real soon but like my parents keep telling me that they have heard all these stories about people on it like just one day offing themselves i blame it on the fact that mostly teenagers use it and well teenagers (yes i am one) seem to always be offing themselves and it is unrelated but has anyone else heard this?

offing? sorry im not familar with that term, but there are a long list of side effects related with acutane. but if you can go on it and you need it i suggest you take it. worse comes to worse (if your doctor is smart) he/she will put you on a low dosage for a longer amount of time. It'll take longer but you don't have as many side effect/ have the side effects affect you as intensely.
Accutane doesn't make you sterile, it doesn't affect your semen. However, if a girl on Accutane gets pregnant,her baby will 100% have side effects.

I've been using it and have had only mild side effects, and other than having a Spinal Tap, it's been working fine
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
It works really well, I didn't have that bad acne but other treatments were not working at all and I also had some on my back. it cleared everything up in 4 months, I know there are rare cases of wierd side effects like almost any other drug but chances are the only one you actually get is dry skin, but if another starts appearing you go off the drug anyway, the blood tests were kind of annoying also but there was only a few for me. I think its totally worth it once your done since you never get acne again.
I fucking love Acutane. It worked absolute wonders for me. It made me a happier person with more confidence...it was like a miracle drug. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I was on acutane when I was twelve. I had horrible acne to the point where it hurt to move my mouth. The stuff really works, the first month or so is the worst because all the pimples dry out and your skin gets really dry and has lots of scabs. I think I was lucky with the side effects though, only ever got chapped lips and that went away after a month or so of not using it. You also have to get blood tests once a month if not more from the time you start taking Acutane until 6 months- a year after you're taken off.
One of my friends took acutane for 6 months.

She had vaginal lubrication problems. I was there, she peeled a huge piece of dead skin from between her legs.

But it worked.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by RU Experienced?

where did your brother acquire ox semen?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by JeanMi36
One of my friends took acutane for 6 months.

She had vaginal lubrication problems. I was there, she peeled a huge piece of dead skin from between her legs.

But it worked.

This is wrong in many, many ways..
Page 1 of 2