I have searched the internet extensively, I have a book, and for the life of me I cannot identify this guitar. It was given to me for free by a neighbor. It is old, I'm figuring sixties. The most identifiable part aside from the shape of the headstock is the pickups which have this gold mesh on them. The headstock has two diagonal holes where the logo must have been. Don't mind the "Gibson" on the headstock, I wrote that with a paint marker. I am hoping that the vast amount of people here on UG may be able to help. This is the link to the pic in my profile.

I thank you for your help.
Last edited by Badorphan at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by Badorphan
It's not an Epi headstock

well all i know is that th real name starts with an s or has an s in it
the word reminds me of schwartz.... for some reason
I think it has a little bit of everything on it. Total hybrid? Hydra?

I don't know my ass from my elbow, really, when it comes to old guitars, but I can tell how custom it looks, even as a noob. It's been f'cked with a lot. Maybe a bored, stoner in the sixties, took a lot of shrooms and had a lot of time.
Quote by mystical_1
I think it has a little bit of everything on it. Total hybrid? Hydra?

I don't know my ass from my elbow, really, when it comes to old guitars, but I can tell how custom it looks, even as a noob. It's been f'cked with a lot. Maybe a bored, stoner in the sixties, took a lot of shrooms and had a lot of time.

At the time the pic was taken, there were no mods. I put a different neck on it and subsequently had to move a pickup, but at the time of that pic, no mods, all stock.