Hey,

I was wondering if MIM strats routed in the way that i can change it's single bridge pick up, to a humbucker pick up.

Also, is it complicated to do? If there are any links or guides on how to do so, it would be appreciated.

thanks
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Quote by Rob Busch
Hey,

I was wondering if MIM strats routed in the way that i can change it's single bridge pick up, to a humbucker pick up.

Also, is it complicated to do? If there are any links or guides on how to do so, it would be appreciated.

thanks

Generally, yes. But they sell MIM strats with humbuckers at the bridge position anyway...
dude ur ****'s prity rough ... u got an amp??? like guitar amp.. real .. n e whoo im prety sure the the set up works the same for single coil nd humbuckers so ling as u dont want coil taps.. but buy the sounds of your situation u dont... i would do it miself in ur situation cause it sounds like ur guitars not worth much .. (no offence) but yeah .. use money to buy amp instead of humbucker man .. thats mi advice
I live in Indonesia, so for my birthday my parents are gonna get me guitar and amp. They have no fat strats here, i've looked at every shop i know, and shipping it in will cost about 700 dollars. So i want to buy a standard strat here, and ship in a humbucker and add it. As for the amp i'm going to get the fender g-dec 15 watt one.
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Quote by Rob Busch
I live in Indonesia, so for my birthday my parents are gonna get me guitar and amp. They have no fat strats here, i've looked at every shop i know, and shipping it in will cost about 700 dollars. So i want to buy a standard strat here, and ship in a humbucker and add it. As for the amp i'm going to get the fender g-dec 15 watt one.

Overall, a good plan. May I reccomend a single coil sized humbucker, like a Hot Rails, or JB Junior?
I'mainly into john mayer sorta of stuff, but i want a humbucker for versatility. So i don't need an incredibly good one. A humbucker that is as good as the one on a fat strat would be perfect. A single sized one would be awesome, because i then wouldn't have to buy a pick guard. What's the price range for those? Thanks
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Quote by Rob Busch
I'mainly into john mayer sorta of stuff, but i want a humbucker for versatility. So i don't need an incredibly good one. A humbucker that is as good as the one on a fat strat would be perfect. A single sized one would be awesome, because i then wouldn't have to buy a pick guard. What's the price range for those? Thanks

$60ish. But you can get one of these: http://store.guitarfetish.com/lilkiwhhuhus.html and drop it at the bridge position. Bonus: it's cheaper than a $70 SD pup, almost as good, and that store ships interationally. I think.
Awesome thanks, i'm not a master on pick ups. So which of the winding things should i do?
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Quote by Rob Busch
Awesome thanks, i'm not a master on pick ups. So which of the winding things should i do?

For the bridge, use the 15K one.
you'll prob want a different amp for the pickup to make any differnence

your just wasting your money in my opinion

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Really? Would the 30 watt g dec be any better? But i'm not looking for a massive difference, i just want a bit more of a full sound. Even though I may not get the full 25 dollars worth....thoughts?
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
Quote by Rob Busch
Really? Would the 30 watt g dec be any better? But i'm not looking for a massive difference, i just want a bit more of a full sound. Even though I may not get the full 25 dollars worth....thoughts?

It's worth $25, but not $90 or something.