I'm putting together a pedalboard and I'm currently deciding what I'm going to buy. So far it looks like this
*Ibanez Tubescreamer (TS-9 or 808...what's the difference??)
*Boss DS-1 (Already Own)
*Small Clone
*Original Crybaby
*Boss DD-3
*Phaser (Maybe a MXR Phase 90?)
*Digitech Whammy
*Reverb? (No idea what brand)

I'm not sure what will be the best value and I don't know which reverb or phaser I should buy.

I'm mostly into Hard Rock, Metal and Alternative. Any suggestions about my pedalboard. I plan to buy them over 6 months - a year so I'll have the cash so most pedals are ok but no reccomendations on pedals that are hard to find and/or really expensive.

Any thoughts?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
What amp do you currently have? Seeing as a Tubescreamer is all but useless on a Solid State amp. But otherwise a very good setup that should work well for your genre. Though I would switch the DS-1 for an MXR Distortion 3 or similar distortion.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
That money would be better spent on a better amp. You might find that, with the right amp, you don't even need pedals for reverb, distortion, and OD.
Generally an 808 is considered abetter because it is more like the original ts. I am unfamiliar with your amp. If it is what I suspect it is (a cheap ss amp) than you need a new amp. But if it is a good quality amp, than get rid of the DS-1 (or mod it, if you know how). A phase 90 is a good quality phaser. Look at a different wah unless you are willing, again, to mod it. And finally, look at an EHX Holy Grail for reverb.
Quote by PunkRocker33133
What amp do you currently have? Seeing as a Tubescreamer is all but useless on a Solid State amp. But otherwise a very good setup that should work well for your genre. Though I would switch the DS-1 for an MXR Distortion 3 or similar distortion.

Why would a Tubescreamer not sound good on a solid state (assuming it's a good solid state amp)?
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Well as for the Tubescreamer I use a TS9 I like the fact its not as gritty as the 808, the DS-1 is great, stick with it, dont know nothing about the small clone, I prefer Vox Wah Wah pedals, the modern crybabys sound to digital to me (I HAVE owned one), If you can afford it, go for a Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory an instead of the DD-3, I feel its more versatile, dunno about phaser nor whammy, and as for reverb, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail

Now you will also need a power supply, I reccomend the T-Rex Fuel Tank.

Now consider buying a better amp before a pedalboard, the TS9 sounds better that way and I think they are just better amps overall.

Hope it helped.
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30