Hey guys. I am a self taught guitar player, been playing for about 8 months. I just have a quick question about C# tuning if anyone can help me out. I have a Line 6 Spider III amp with the built in electronic tuner. How do I tune to sharps? It will only tell me flat notes? Im sure it would be the same between different electronic tuners, so if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Also, when a tab or someone says to tune 1 and a half steps down, what tuning are they talking about? How far down is a step? Is E down to D a full step? Sorry for the long thread and multiple questions, but I figure its eaiser than making 90 threads all related to tuning. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I look forward to being a member of this forum!

Chad
Say you need a C#
Tune it to a Db

AA#BCC#DD#EFF#GG#
any sharp is a half step, if I'm doing it right, each fret is a half step is it not?
So an E to a D is in fact a full step.
yeah^ tune to Db.

one and a half steps down would be Db or C#.

im pretty sure.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
C# (which is higher than C) is Db. There's C, then D, then the note between them, which goes by the name of either C# or Db. They're both the same thing.
Awesome! Thank you so much guys! I remeber watching a video of a guy explaining the tunings and notes and whatnot, but I needed clarification.