well ive had my vox for a half a year now , but i found out that it doenst really suit my needs for a metal tone on a budget . it just has some good cleans , but not distortion that is up to par . so im thinking of getting a line 6 spider 30 watt , and sell my vox . yes i know that it does sound " digital " for the lack of a better word , but the videos ive seen on youtube prove it wrong , and i dont really care if it doednt have a true tube tone for gigs , i just need a good home amp that has good metal tones with my gear .
is this a good idea ? im low on budget .
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
yeah man, best bedroom amp.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
You would be much better off with a Roland Cube 30X for metal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
both good choices, but does the cube have chorus and delay built in? i honestly dont know

and the spider has all those nifty presets that makes it cooler to jam with songs
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
The cube has chorus, phaster, flanger delay and reverb
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
oh well see, i didnt know, good thing for grobbo91.

go play em dude
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
hmmmm . well if it goes down to the line 6 and cube , which one can make a good metallica tone ? one that makes the most of their tones spanning the band , most preferably master of puppets , ride , justice , and kill em all tones .
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
The cube 's got a footswitch to trigger the phaser/chorus/tremolo/flanger effect knob, but the delay/reverb (no you can't have delay & reverb at the same) is always on, less convenient than if it was switchable, the line6 should be a tad more convenient on that side. But again I've had a cube for some time and used to like a whole lot the boss modeling that'S set it, une studio headphones and it's just gorgeous, the distortion is as fat & metal as should be.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
i say you go and play them for yourself bro
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010