soo im kinda new to acoustic. ive mostly been playing electric but some rhythm acoustic stuff. i recently listened to Tommy Emmanuel's Angelina and have been awe strucked.

does anyone know any tips/suggestions in learning this song?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Last edited by minixmin at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by minixmin
soo im kinda new to acoustic. ive mostly been playing electric but some rhythm acoustic stuff. i recently listened to Tommy Emmanuel's Angelina and have be awe strucked.

does anyone know any tips/suggestions in learning this song?

wow
i just watched that song and its awsome lol
idk how to play it though....
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Try to find footage of Tommy playing it (youtube would be a good place to look). Then try to find the tablature or sheet music, whichever you prefer and go for your life.
It is an advanced song though and may be a little too hard if you havent been playing very long.
It's hard song to be your first song on the acoustic. This song has a lot of advanced techniques jammed together. If you want to learn though, try it and tell us what gives you a trouble.
Quote by chomite
It's hard song to be your first song on the acoustic. This song has a lot of advanced techniques jammed together. If you want to learn though, try it and tell us what gives you a trouble.

Yea I have to agree with him, but if you know your scales it helps not sure about that. Also lol some parts are easy I quit after I learned like 6 parts? but anyways yea I would have to say that Angelina is harder than Drifting by Andy Mckee (my opinion)
Find a much simpler version than Tommy Emmanuel's. Lol, Lol. He's one of the world's best guitarists. Love those Maton guitars!
im kind of in the same situation as you but i already know how to play angelina. its one of those songs where it takes a while to get started but once you get the flow going it isnt too bad at all (well that was the case for me since i wasnt used to that hybrid picking thing that he uses). just like any song you'll need to practice it and get used to some of the chords that he uses (some of them are a REAL stretch and take a while to get used to)
not to hijack this thread but does anyone know where to start off so that you can play your way up to some of tommy's stuff? like could anyone list some beginner songs to start off with?
The end of that song, when he's playing in harmonics, is incredible.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
yea can anyone suggest easier songs by TE then?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
The end of that song, when he's playing in harmonics, is incredible.

If you're impressed by that, check out his rendition of Over the Rainbow.

yea can anyone suggest easier songs by TE then?

Windy and Warm, Those Who Wait (intro)