ok so right now i'm playing a ****ty squier strat to a somehow even ****tier spider III. so taking the advice of some more experienced guitarists i'm going to save up for a amp first. but i'm thinking about getting a boss me-20 now so maybe i can get some better sounds for now. plus i was planning on getting one after getting a tube amp (probably a orange tiny terror). so anyways heres the question. will the me-20 work ok with my spider III since its a modelling amp??? and later will it sound good with a tube amp. BTW i play classic rock and bluesy stuff. if it helps i really like slash's lead tones and jimmy page like rhythms and thats the ultimate goal
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
If you like those two guys' tones why even bother with another one of those modeling piece of brown.

All you need is a cranked tube amp, preferably a very simple one with only a clean channel that you turn all the way up (10-15 watts is more than enough to just prevent you from deafening).

Fender champs are good for that (the old ones, not the transistor-ridden ones). For now on it would really work for blues & rock if you use it with a strat, it can scream pretty well.

Then, you'll get yourself a chunky mahogany humbucker-strapped guitar with a heavy amp head full of crazy-ass overdrive leads and you'll make your mother wish she never given you the opportunity to have picked up guitar.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
The ME-20 won't work very well through the SPider, and whatever money you spend on it puts you further away from an amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
by getting the me-20 you could at least just use a pair of headphones which would probably sound far better than the spider.

assuming you're not jamming with anyone else, this should be a fine alternative to a terrible amp and a shrill speaker.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't know what you would need an ME-20 for if you're only playing blues and classic rock. You could get a Blackheart Killer Ant setup for the price of an ME-20 practically. ME-20 through the Spider's clean channel will sound okay, but it's only a little bit better.