Just wondering what are the pro and cons of each. I know they all have different pickups. Anyone care to explain the sound of each? And I'd probably get the STandard with a 60's neck because slimmer necks are better IMO. xD Thanks UG!
These days the chambered bodies scale them down to the same sound acoustically, the little changes that would be noticeable are the top (mahogany or maple) and some fretboard which are made of ebony. The days when the sound was affected by the wood quality is long gone, there's barely enough wood to have the pickups get some vibrations out of the guitar, so it'S safe to say that the main differences nowadays are of a aesthetic concern. I'd buy an artic white studio because of the ebony fretboard over a standard even with enough money to buy whichever. Again the pickups are effectively affecting the tone, but that'S 250 $ for a swap for other gibsons, so it shouldn't be your first concern.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
These days the chambered bodies scale them down to the same sound acoustically, the little changes that would be noticeable are the top (mahogany or maple) and some fretboard which are made of ebony. The days when the sound was affected by the wood quality is long gone, there's barely enough wood to have the pickups get some vibrations out of the guitar, so it'S safe to say that the main differences nowadays are of a aesthetic concern. I'd buy an artic white studio because of the ebony fretboard over a standard even with enough money to buy whichever. Again the pickups are effectively affecting the tone, but that'S 250 $ for a swap for other gibsons, so it shouldn't be your first concern.

Ok. Because I absolutely fell in love with the Ebony version of the Les Paul. I think I might start saving up for a Les Paul Classic Ebony, and then switch out the Pups for burstbuckers. sound good?
well i do know that the classic has slightly hotter pickups than the other LP's

i dunno if that helps
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin

i dunno if that helps

Yeah that does help a bit. Hotter Pickups mean easier pinch harmonics and stuff right? Sorry i'm sucha nub. lol
Quote by Antibiotics101
Yeah that does help a bit. Hotter Pickups mean easier pinch harmonics and stuff right? Sorry i'm sucha nub. lol

Yea, i would describe them as beefy...
Quote by minixmin

i dunno if that helps

asshole thats what i was gonna say lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20