Coming to realize i'm no Page, Rhodes, Hammett etc etc. I need to get better, I practice on my own and have for 7 years. I want to get better, like way better. I am planning on getting 3 different guitar teachers, or one that is just crazy good. This is still a little ways off though.
Anything you guys can come up with to help me improve my playing, anything! I am listening.
Also my mind tends to wander alot while practicing, I have ADHD, and ideas and keeping myself focused. Would help too! THanks!
3 teachers isnt going to help, becuse you wont be able to devote enought time to what each is helping you with. getting better will take time, and you want to get the new stuff you do learn down solid before you want to move on. I'm a pretty good player, and ive never taken lessons, but guitar is pretty much the only thing i care about so i play alot and try to push myself just cause its fun as crap. but getting better takes time and effort so dont try to do too much at once. theres plenty of youtube videos on different techniques, and you can get alot better by learning songs that you know you cant quite play, because it forces you to implement the techniques.
Quote by soBLINKad
3 teachers isnt going to help, becuse you wont be able to devote enought time to what each is helping you with. getting better will take time, and you want to get the new stuff you do learn down solid before you want to move on. I'm a pretty good player, and ive never taken lessons, but guitar is pretty much the only thing i care about so i play alot and try to push myself just cause its fun as crap. but getting better takes time and effort so dont try to do too much at once. theres plenty of youtube videos on different techniques, and you can get alot better by learning songs that you know you cant quite play, because it forces you to implement the techniques.

Yea this is all true. Im just tired of sitting in the house, you dont get the same think watching youtube as you do from a teacher. They cant show you what your doing wrong have a conversation or anything. By getting 2 or 3 teacher's I would get that many suggestions, and helpful ideas. Say this guy is better with Jazz, this guy it better with rock etc. Everybody has their strong points, and I want to learn from those. I think it will, how do people go to college and take several classes per day and pass with high scores? I am willing to devote my time fully, basically it would be like 1 teacher every other day.
I think you should relax a bit. If you're worrying about the progress you're making too much, it will affect your playing and won't resolve anything. Record your playing and then record it again a month later and compare the two, noting your progress and what you still need to work on. Also, I don't think the whole idea about getting 2-3 teachers is a very good idea. Well, I guess if you had the cash and were willing to learn a lot in little time then I guess it would probably only be beneficial. If you devoted yourself to the work that one teacher set you it would be easier though and you apply yourself towards the work more fully.

Just my 2 cents.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
I see no problem getting multiple teachers so long as its for stylistic reasons, and so long as they are all good teachers.

Here is a quote from an article on practicing I found useful...

"I once heard a student ask the eminent pianist and teacher George Sebok how he practices. I don't remember Sebok's exact reply, but it was something like, "I practice to keep a smooth mind." He explained that he varies the tempo of his practice so that his mind doesn't hurry. Even if I don't remember Sebok's exact words, I remember the moment well, because it changed forever the way I practice. I understood immediately that the hurrying mind, rushed in its thinking, is the bane of practicing - and of performing as well. When the mind is hurried it does not have time to notice what is really happening. It does not focus well and many of the details of the music go by unnoticed."

and another...

"I once had the secret pleasure of listening to Sviatoslav Richter practice on the day of a concert. At first I was struck by the extreme slowness of his practice, but gradually it dawned on me that this was exquisite playing. Every note seemed to be perfectly placed and no phrase suffered from the slow tempo. Richter was taking the time to experience the music as deeply as possible."
3 teacher's won't help you - all a teacher does is point you in the right direction, they can't learn stuff for you. If you're unable to practice off your own bat then you'll never get anywhere, you need to start being a bit more disciplined.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
3 teacher's won't help you - all a teacher does is point you in the right direction, they can't learn stuff for you. If you're unable to practice off your own bat then you'll never get anywhere, you need to start being a bit more disciplined.

I think you couldnt be more wrong. The point of 3 is to get 3 different perspectives on the guitar. I dont want them to learn for me jackass. I want to learn myself that's just stupid. I have practiced on my own for 7 years. 7 YEARS. Again, 7 YEARS! Also I would get to meet some kool guys possibly that could open things up for me **** so many of you think inside this little tiny box, and are scared ****less to venture out of it. I dont disagree with you on being more disciplined. Forget this I am going my own thing, its best anyways its all just opnions. Basically the same one over and over.
Why did you make a thread if it's so obvious you don't want any advice other then people yelling QFT? The man was giving you advice, dude. No need to take a **** and throw it at him.
Quote by MetalGear1786
I think you couldnt be more wrong. The point of 3 is to get 3 different perspectives on the guitar. I dont want them to learn for me jackass. I want to learn myself that's just stupid. I have practiced on my own for 7 years. 7 YEARS. Again, 7 YEARS! Also I would get to meet some kool guys possibly that could open things up for me **** so many of you think inside this little tiny box, and are scared ****less to venture out of it. I dont disagree with you on being more disciplined. Forget this I am going my own thing, its best anyways its all just opnions. Basically the same one over and over.

This was completely unnecessary, don't ****ing post if you're not going to listen. I'm reporting this for closure because it serves no purpose if you're just going to whine.

*reported*
Quote by :-D
This was completely unnecessary, don't ****ing post if you're not going to listen. I'm reporting this for closure because it serves no purpose if you're just going to whine.

*reported*

Kiss my ass you ****ing ****. Report it big ****ing whoop. How bout dont tell me what to ****ing do? Report that. How bout I report you for being a stupid douche? Besides who gives a **** what you think.
Quote by MetalGear1786
Kiss my ass you ****ing ****. Report it big ****ing whoop. How bout dont tell me what to ****ing do? Report that. How bout I report you for being a stupid douche? Besides who gives a **** what you think.

Read the rules if you want to stick around.

Quote by MetalGear1786

Someone needs to lock this. It's obvious you have no intent to accept any real advice someone offers (Like above). Plus, you're flaming like a fool. It does nothing but make you look bad >_>

NM. Who am I kidding. You're probably pathetic at guitar, and expected people to come over and announce you can easily be the next Page by throwing money at every REAL guitarist you live near. Dun worry, your motivation will die within 2 months, and then you go back to a multi-hundred dollar paper-weight.
Quote by Phantom123
Someone needs to lock this. It's obvious you have no intent to accept any real advice someone offers (Like above). Plus, you're flaming like a fool. It does nothing but make you look bad >_>

NM. Who am I kidding. You're probably pathetic at guitar, and expected people to come over and announce you can easily be the next Page by throwing money at every REAL guitarist you live near. Dun worry, your motivation will die within 2 months, and then you go back to a multi-hundred dollar paper-weight.

Lol who gives a **** if it does or dosent. I am enjoying pissing people off at the moment.
Quote by Phantom123

Enough. It's been reported, and you'll likely get a warning if you continue to flame. Let the thread die and let him be banned.