ok, i have mixed and match a couple sets of strings and found a great setup. it goes:

e:0.13
B:0.13
G:0.17
D:0.26
A:0.36
E:0.52

(i also tune down to Eb)

my question is: should i adjust the Truss rod to accommodate the higher gauge E strings, or will it be just fine?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i dont see where anything could go wrong. ernie ball makes a set of strings that have the .52 on 'em. it it would damage your guitar i'm sure they wouldn't make 'em...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
you dont NEED to make the adjustments i dont think it could make a great diference if you just changed the e string gauge, but iy COULD be helpfull
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
you dont NEED to make the adjustments i dont think it could make a great diference if you just changed the e string gauge, but iy COULD be helpfull

i upped both E strings. up from the usual 0.10 to a .13 and from the .42 to a .52. so, you guys say that i shouldn't worry about my neck bowing?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Darkice
why not an .11 Just me but I don't see the need for 2 .13's

i like a bit of fight when i bend a string. i don't usually bend it up more than 3 frets and they stay in tune longer.

besides, Stevie Ray Vaughan used .13s. and if it's good enough for him, it's damn well good enough for me.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
You're not SRV nor will you ever be, but if it suits you then go for it
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
You're not SRV nor will you ever be, but if it suits you then go for it

Hey you never know, this guy could be very well be the next great blues man
Don't' be so condescending.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag