I'm looking to get a new amp pretty soon. i have a spider right now, and I'm pretty much sick of them. I'm looking for a half stack that I can use at practice and gigs and has good sound. I play a lot of metal, like overkill, municipal waste, metallica, etc. my price is about less than 750. HELP!
You don't need a half stack. No one really needs a half stack. You need a tube combo. You should look into a peavey 6505 used.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

well. i was playing around with a Marshall 50 watt JCM 900. i really liked it but they dont make em in 50s anymore. I thought i had a pretty nice thrash metal kinda sound with a JCM 2000 DSL. I also had a Digitech Death Metal Distortion plugged into it too though. I suggest an Ibanez Tube Screamer.

I play the same styles you do aha.
If you go for a good tube combo (Probobly Used for hi gain) you'll be a lot happier.

You dont NEED a half stack for a gig unless your playing at an arena
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by umbrellacorp
You don't need a half stack. No one really needs a half stack. You need a tube combo. You should look into a peavey 6505 used.

actually <.<

This man is correct. 6505 has BALLS. **** combos though

...but they are cheaper. Just puttin' that out there.
Marshall JCM .. i suggest you look into which amps your favourite guitarists play around with though.