so, i got this set up for free, becuase my neighbor was going to throw it out otherwise, so i asked if i could have it. my band has been in a desperate need of a PA, and we dont feel like getting money toghter and buying one (plus deciding who keeps it if we break up). anyways, its RCA, and on the front it says 100 watts + 100 watts (? what does that mean? 200 watts or what?) stereo integrated amplifier.bass boost system,infared remote control, motorized voulme control.. it has 2 monitor things ( dont know the proper word, sorry) each has a 10" woofer, 3 "midrange,and 2 "tweeter. i plan on replacing these, as it doesnt sound that great, however its plentyy loud enough to use for vocals. were just using the RCA line in to plug in the mic, works great

so my questons to you guys,
1. how many watts is this thing? ^make sure to read above^

2.for the config of the speakers, what should i use, i wanna replace the 10"woofer with a 12" speaker, (it will fit i checked) but i dont know if its smart, as i dont know what the difference between a woofer,midrange,tweeteer and speaker is. ( im just the guitar player leave me alone ) so can some one enlighten me?

3.so what would the best setup be to do, like what items and where, also please note, i can prob fit another speaker under where the whoofer is mounted it that matters.

thanks a ton!
o and btw im sanding it down, and painting it black

PIC TIME!

Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
It looks like an old home theatre system. Have you looked up model numbers and such?

I suppose those would help us help you.
yea rca doesnt list anything, becuase i already tried to contact them to get a new remote, as i didnt get the one it came with
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by Invader Jim
100w + 100w prolly means it's 100w stereo, 200w mono.

Don't sand on that. It's made of MDF with some fake wood grain paper on it.

alright i thought it was 100w, just making sure, thanks.

and since its mdf, i guess im going to have to leave it as is, unti l i can get some real wood, and make a new cab.

so anyone, speakers? what should i use? thanks
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
thats not a pa. thats a piece of crap radio.

with that being said if it works for your purposes then by all means use it but i'd think twice about dumping any money into improving it. yr better off saving your money and buying an actual pa sometime down the road.