Im converting my strat to SSS, and looking for a new pickup set. Are the texas specials they way to go, or should I go another way for the SRV tone. Somewhere down the road Ill be picking up a fender super reverb as well, for an idea of what it will be paired with. Thoughts?

Also, does anyone know where I can fin an aged white SSS pickguard for a strat? All of my plastics are aged white, and I want it to look the same.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
texas specials are good. I heard that he used pups with special magnets, but the Texas Specials are very good.
Different how?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Different how?

well, I've only played the Specials, but the Specials have more bite than other fender pups.

I'm not a strat expert, but once you plug it into the 'verb, you'll get a nice SRV tone with any fender pickup. remember, he also used a tubescreamer!
Last edited by Mike! at Aug 8, 2008,
I am looking for the number one tone. Are those what he used exactly?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
No, but I believe CorduroyEW with what he says on his site and I've heard nothing but good 'bout his pups. And I believe SRV got his tone from sticking the bridge pick-up into the neck, but SRV is not my forte and that could be just a rumor.