Page 1 of 3
hi so i just went to the Mayhem tour in Toronto and it honestly had the most violent pit/crowd i have ever seen i was at the front during disturbed and the crowd was getting so violent, they were pushing so hard that i almost fell many times, i actually thought that i was going to get trampled and diewhich led to a massive panick attack. i go t oalot of metal concerts and this has got to be the most violent i have ever seen.

so my question is has this ever happened to anyone else
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
being up front at a gwar show

everyone was trying to get up front to get covered in blood

i was at a venue were there was 750 people there and the limit is around 400

well it gets really hot in there and very humide from people sweating and the air was very thick with cig smoke

i was starting to black out so i tried to get to the place were they sell water (for $2.00)

so half way there i need to get under a rope and i had no clue on how of doing it. so someone helped me get under it but i had no strangth to get back up and i was starting to fall asleep. some pulled me up and pointed to the water bar. i was 20 feet away and i stopped to put my head on a cool metal bar and like 4 times and drifted in and out of conciseness.

when i finally got there i chugged to bottles and blacked out on the counter.

when i woke up i was covered in sweat as if i just jumped into a pool.

it was bad
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Last edited by shrdtilyourdead at Aug 9, 2008,
I just got back home from the Mayhem Tour in T.O. as well, it was a blast.

Though I was a little scared about all the mosh pits when Slipknot rocked the place, I'm not that tall, I was trod on quite a bit
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

i thought it was gonna dehydrate at a concert since i was right at front and people were crammed so close to each other
Quote by Into_The_Wild
Bad Religion concert.
Pit.

That's all I really need to say

i've been to two bad religion concerts and neither one of them touched this one

Quote by Stratoblaster73
I just got back home from the Mayhem Tour in T.O. as well, it was a blast.

Though I was a little scared about all the mosh pits when Slipknot rocked the place, I'm not that tall, I was trod on quite a bit

oh i'm not saying i didn't have a blast it was awesome, i was just terrified during the disturbed set. i was right at the front for dragonforce though and they completely wowed me
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
my first legit metalcore show, oh the flailing fists of mosh!
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Suicide Silence at mayhem west palm beach was pretty rough, the red chord's wall of death, and 5 finger death punch.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I honestly don't understand moshes.. You go to a concert to listen to the music, right? So why risk getting ****ed up and not seeing/remembering any of it?
In a REAL pit, people pick you up and make sure you don't get killed.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
Quote by Mr. Thingy

Indeed.

Pit without courtesy=bad pit
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by Dog--
I honestly don't understand moshes.. You go to a concert to listen to the music, right? So why risk getting ****ed up and not seeing/remembering any of it?

No kidding right.
Quote by Mr. Thingy

hear hear!
Quote by Drmckool

oh i'm not saying i didn't have a blast it was awesome, i was just terrified during the disturbed set. i was right at the front for dragonforce though and they completely wowed me

Yeah, this was my first major Festival, I'm glad it was so intense.
Hopefully they'll be back around in T.O. next year, apparantly it's supposed to be an annual thing now, and it seemed Slipknot were pretty impressed.

Every band kept refering to us as "You crazy Canadian mother****ers"

Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

seeing rage agaisnt the machine was freaking insane
the security guards were beating the **** out of people who were trying to get closer by jumping the fence lolol

aaand

went and saw Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine aaand Atreyu crazy fuking death pit for bullet
and avenged and atreyu were just crazy
im going to see Slipknot in october so i might die in the mosh there lol
i never really thought i was going to die. i was scared a few times when i saw CoB though, because the crowd was pushing like crazy, and i almost fell a few times.
i never thought i was gonna die but when i saw slayer last year the pit was crazy, but the worst/best part was when Kerry King tossed his pic into the crowd and people just went ape ****
Amon Amarth. Went in, saw the pit, proceeded to scream "**** yeah!", then ran in. Huge mistake. It was going great, till I got knocked down. And the instant I hit the floor, I knew I was going to die.

Needless to say, I didn't, but it was the scariest thing that I think has ever happened to me.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Oh shnap I gotta get in on this. I went to a Machine Head gig once with Arch Enemy. My buddy and I were moshing stoned as ****. ANd in the middle of the set. These two ****ing HUGE MOTHER ****ERS! come into the pit andf everyone just backed up. They were like **** that... anyways. I was so far gone I didnt know what was going on. so I ran shoulder first into this guy. Now I'm a big guy myself. So I usually have quite a blast. but when I looked up into his eyes. I swear to god. I felt like I was a mid-evil knight going against some dragon. Scariest **** in the world! Anyways we duked it out for like 5 mins before I got punched in the jaw (>.> dislocated and everything) The guy gave me a hand up though. And I grabbed Angela Gossow's hand when she was on stage and told her I loved her. She just laughed : (
Marilyn Manson at Download 2007.
Some dude fell besides me, another dude fell over him, i fell over this dude and like 5 more people fell on me...
It was horrible so i just moved out of the place to get some air...

And also Machine Head at Download 07.
I was right at the front after Bowling For Soup. Then all the 16 yr old emo kids left n these huge metal heads with mohawks n tattoos came in...!
I actually just got back from Mayhem fest, with Dragonforce, Disturbed and Slipknot.

Dragonforce didnt merit much moshing, but Disturbed was intense, and there were those moments where the mosh collapsed and you didnt know what to do with the 4 guys on top of you :P

and everyone was just too tired to mosh to Slipknot which was disappointing
Quote by fudger
well one time at this B 52's concert...

go on....
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
At a Dethklok concert with Soilent Green and Chimara(sp?). I was near the front and as soon as a pit would start up, this 6ft5, maybe 200+ pound guy would grab everybody and throw them into the pit and just manhandle them. I moved away from the pit thinking I would be safe and would just enjoy the rest of the show without fear of being killed, but then out of nowhere, the same guy (I think) came back and threw me and a couple bystanders into the pit.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I saw machine head last year, it was at the black crusade tour, so after 4 other bands, the air was really thick with sweat and smoke and all that crap, so it was pretty hard to breathe, didn't help I was knackered, aesthetics of hate came on and the place just exploded into a pit, it was really hard to stay standing, so I thought "**** that" went off to the bar, grabbed a load of water, and wandered back into the crowd for a bit.
None. I survived the front line at a Rage concert without anything that serious to happen and I doubt I'll be at a heavier gig ever.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
near the end of downoad '06. the heat, the sweat... i felt like i was dying.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Last year at the last Sounds of the Underground, the show was supposed to start at like 1:00 and so we got there a little early and got in line and waited. And waited. And waited. They didn't start letting people in until at least 4, and then it was only one at a time so they could frisk everybody. This was in the middle of summer, it was like 95 degrees outside, we were all wearing black shirts, and we were standing in the sun for three and a half hours. And then Amon Amarth and Darkest Hour didn't make it. That was pretty lame.

I'll be at the Mayhem stop in Atlanta on Monday. I wasn't really expecting it to be too awesome, the only bands I'm really going for are Machine Head, Mastodon, and Disturbed. I'll probably leave before Slipknot's set is over. I don't know why anyone decided they should headline anything...

Also seeing All Shall Perish on the 18th. I'm 16 and weigh 130. I should probably stay away from the center at that concert...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
When I went to the Gigantour in Edmonton, May 12th.

I was up front, to the right for most of the concert, but, when the shoving and such started, I got shoved to about...center of the crowd. And everyone around me in that area was ****ing HUGE. This was during CoB's set. After them, I managed to slide my way back to my original position.

Then In Flames came on...o_o. When the shoving started, I was at the same general position as before, halfway through their set, but I was more at the front than I was for CoB's set. And there was a pit going on right behind me. I got shoved into the pit, right inbetween 2 people. I got knocked down, and I was like "HOLY****ING****IM****INDEADOHGODNOWHATDIDIDOTODESERVETHIS********!".

One of them picked me up, and I ran out of the pit. I have to find that guy and shake his hand someday o_o.

Shortly after,

Megadeth proceeds to come on and rock the place.

That's about it. Every other show was pretty damn good that I went to.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
I've never been that bad

I'm 5'5 so i tend to stay away from the "metal" pits.
Now a pit like when I saw NFG was awesome. Everyone picking each other up and having a great time
not really at a concert but this one time, i was accompanying my friend to the devil wears prada concert. not my type of music, but i went anyhow. anyway bak to the point, we were taking the train back to her place, probably about a 50minute ride with all the stops and everything. about halfway there, we see a bunch of lebo guys(for all you non-aussies, think chavs)come in, after awhile we hear people spray painting the carriage from below(its a double-decker carriage), then we heard the guys breaking things, such as the windows lights etc. it went quite for awhile, then they went and robbed this old asian guy at gunpoint. was the scariest moment of our lives. if they had saw us, they would have definitely done something, us being witnesses and all. f*ckin' lebos
I once went to a Rick Astley concert and the mosh pit was intense. One of the people fell down but Rick looked at her, picked her and sang, "Never gone give you up..." Needless to say, we never saw her again.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Protest the Hero at the Dungeon in Oshawa
Holds 250 people, there we're at lease 500-600 plus bands, crew, and staff at the dungeon.
I was right in front getting pushed my hundreds of people against a barrier that isn't up to my waist. It was amazing though
Nope. I was a little freaked out at the first gig with a pit i went to (Saxon), but i didn't think i was gonna die.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Page 1 of 3